+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Plus its just not comfortable sitting in a bunch of layers. Whenever I go to mess with the thermostat my husband gives me "the look". I tell him I'll pull an extra hour at work to cover the costs. I do not like being "too" anything. And God bless the geniuses who invented heating and air conditioning. I think we owe it to them to use it when we need it. Of course none of that matters now as my unit is completely broken at the moment. And I don't have a job. 48 degrees is balmy right? Please tell me it is. I've tried all morning to convince myself it is. I don't believe me.
    Punkin, PGM35 and nennie like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

48 is balmy if its Celsius. Not so much for Fahrenheit.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My layers are thin layers, and I can still move! I spent a lot of time working in and out of the elements, so 6 degrees is not a real big deal to me. The below zeroes are a different story, especially if it's windy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

We all got onesie pajamas at Christmas. They are soooo warm. But I can't wear them on cold days like this because I have the bladder of a small nervous dog and having to take the whole thing off everytime I use the restroom makes me way to cold. I tried wearing a thin shirt with them but it bunches under my arms. So I'm in my flannel tweety bird pj's. Every once in awhile I grab the kitten and rub her on my nose to warm it up. She gets disgusted with me and bites it. I told her we all got to do our part to keep each other warm.
    PGM35 likes this.

Wow! This thread has moved fast today! Way back the question about the lights... they are closer to real daylight minus the parts that give you skin cancer.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ht%2Caps%2C143
    There's a large variety of prices and sizes.
    Count your blessings!

So have your kids given you their review yet? I am really interested in this as I am very susceptible to the sundowners. I am not really quirky but I only want white walls. Part of this was growing up with a father in the air force and us having to have white walls and part of it is the light. I just don't like a dark room. I can admire the beauty of a well decorated dark room but as for sitting or relaxing in one I don't like it. Its like I can feel the darkness pressing on me. One of my biggest peeves with my house is the way its situated it doesn't get enough sunlight. I haven't found a bulb bright enough for me. And again I wear on my husbands "must conserve energy" nerve.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My mother introduced me, a long time ago, to the long underwear that is nylon (but I don't think that's what the fabric is) lined with cotton that will wick away any perspiration. Luckily, I am not a big perspirer. It's thin and lightweight and fits well under clothes.....nothing like those miserable waffle-material long johns. I also learned the blessing of wearing pantyhose or those shiny tights under my pants, if I am going to be out in the cold. Not only do they keep you warm, but they make you feel like you've lost 5-10 pounds, which is never a bad thing, in my estimation.

Some people seem to know nothing but those waffly long johns. There are other things out there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Wow! This thread has moved fast today! Way back the question about the lights... they are closer to real daylight minus the parts that give you skin cancer.
    Amazon.com: sad light: Health & Personal Care
    There's a large variety of prices and sizes.
    Last year, I replaced all my bulbs in my crane and floor lamps that I use for artwork, drafting and reading with OttLite bulbs. I know they are different than what you are talking about. They really help with eye fatigue and picking true colors. I haven't had to replace a bulb in a year and that's using them everyday (they will probably go out today ). JoAnn's has half price sales during the year on both the lamps and bulbs. I have replacements ready.

As far as the cold weather, I'm in heaven. Having grown up in the south and now living in the southeast and working outside year round, I hate the insects. We have had such mild winters the past few years and the insects have thrived. So I'm happy they are getting frozen.
    Layering works best for me to stay warm. I found Cuddl Duds work the best for me for a first layer. They are thin and you can wear them under everything both dress clothes and casual.
    Stay safe and warm and remember this lovely cold weather when we are melting in the heat and swatting insects this summer.

Getting ready to try to get some sleep. Have to be up super early. I don't know who I'm kidding. I'm sure I'll still be awake when we have to leave the house at 2 am.

My husband got here with the truck (cab) about an hour ago and my dog is flipping out! She heard that truck coming up the hill about 5 minutes before I did. He put her inside and we had a heck of a time trying to get her back out.
    She's ready to go now!

Just in case I'm not able to stay in touch, everybody take care and have a great week!
    Punkin, shyra, Brooks and 1 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

NorwIndian - have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it.

+ Reply to Thread