+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6947Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

When the days get longer/shorter, they only do it a minute/day, so you can't expect to see any instant revelations. I hate the idea of 80. I think anything over 75 is not a cool thing. I'm in the south, and today it was 7 when I woke up, and dropped to 0 and 1 for the rest of the day. Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. Summer is my least favorite. Spent a good deal of time in San Antonio, and that weather is evil. You'd probably be tickled pink with it. I hate, hate, hate heat and humidity which is what I've known all of my life. It was down to 0 and 1, but I had no snow, so that was a good thing. Luckily, I have no reason to leave the house if I don't want to!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The weatherman said, a couple of weeks ago, that the days were starting to get longer!
    Happens every year! Probably said it on December 21st. LOL

I've been reading a lot about this Arctic Vortex that is bringing such bad weather to so many of you. arctic vortex - Yahoo Search Results

The experts are saying that Climate Change (whether natural phenomenon or man caused) is rearing it's scary head in this symptom. Glad to know I'll be dead before the worst of it!

I guess I'm in the minority but I prefer the cold weather to the hot weather. Of course that's probably because I live in California and don't really have to deal with winter.
    I'm sorry you guys are so down. I know how hard it can be when you're depressed. Keep telling yourself that every cold day that passes is one day closer to the spring and warm weather.

I'm getting my things together to pack for my trip. I'm really excited to go out on the road with my honey, we have so much fun but I'm a little apprehensive too. I know he would never feel this way but I'm worried about being more of a burden to him than a fun traveling companion.
    I can do more for myself now but there's still a heck of a lot that I can't do. I don't want him to regret talking me in to going.
    I'm sure it will be fine but I'm still a little worried about it.

We have to be in South San Francisco at 3:30 Wednesday morning to pick up the load, then we head out to Washington. I'll have my phone with 4g so I'll be checking in during the boring times and we have WiFi at the hotels.

I'm very, very much looking forward to a change of scenery. Kaylee has seen me getting her traveling bowls and some food and toys together so I think she knows something exciting is going to happen. She loves going in the truck.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf, shyra and 2 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I have seasonal affective disorder. Life in Baltimore was hell for me. Now, in Arizona, I'm a much happier camper!!!!

Best wishes to all who are affected by the brutal weather where you are. I do feel so sorry for you. I'd invite you all to stay at my house, but we only have ONE spare bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I have seasonal affective disorder. Life in Baltimore was hell for me. Now, in Arizona, I'm a much happier camper!!!!

Best wishes to all who are affected by the brutal weather where you are. I do feel so sorry for you. I'd invite you all to stay at my house, but we only have ONE spare bedroom.
    I'll take it. I suffer with SAD. Its a bit belter this year as we moved and have more sunlight than before, but still through the winter, it's tough
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Since it was brought up yesterday...

Which accents do you like the most?

I like the calmer Scottish accents. Not the rough ones like Groundskeeper Willie on the Simpsons, but nicer and calmer ones.

Does anyone use those lights for SAD? Do they work? I'm feeling better after just one day of being back in my classroom. I always dread going back after a vacation, but the interaction and activity are so much better for me than sitting all day.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Aren't those lights what you bought?? My less than happy feelings came on when the days were the longest, hottest, and most humid. I had a friend who had really bad SAD, and took a basement apartment.....not her best move. And this was the friend who LOVED hanging out in clubs for hours at night. For me....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Gutmutter I had never even heard of these lights until you mentioned giving them to your kids. How do they work? Are they a "brighter" type of light?

Everyone keeping warm? I hate to complain but we are freakin freezing! Thank God we didn't get the ice they had predicted. The blower on our heat pump has gone out. Can't find anyone who has a cheap replacement. We are just not prepared to deal with weather like this. I know its a joke how a half inch of snow can shut the whole state of AL down. But we just don't have the equipment to keep running during inclement weather. Like snow chains. I think there are two snow plows for the whole state. We're lucky if they throw a little dirt down on the over passes. So the good news is we don't have bad driving conditions. If I can't get warm soon, I'm bailing and heading to a hotel.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

CantGetNuf, I'll take our snow and cold weather over your tornadoes and other killer summer storms.

I believe the lights are a fuller, more natural spectrum, more like real daylight.
    prhoshay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread