+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7290Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Punkin - got a Buca di Beppo offer from Amazon Local today if you're still interested in those. Yeah, there are a lot of microclimates in the Bay Area. I grew up in the Napa Valley, so I'm used to the heat. Once I was working on grant from the GGNRA. The offices were out at Fort Cronkhite in Sausalito. It was summer, but I dressed in wool pants and sweaters. The offices were in an old WWII unheated barracks. We had space heaters at our feet. I was so cold there. I'd leave, drive through the tunnel into Marin, and it was sunny and warm. It was like driving from winter into summer in five minutes.
    Thanks, I'll check Amazon! The one-way tunnel! I used to take my kids to the beach at the fort on those rare sunny beach days. Less crowded than Ocean Beach.

Schools in Wake County, NC are opening late tomorrow due to the predicted single digit temps. I've never seen that happen before.

They closed most of the schools in our area due to 0 degree temps and bad roads.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate this time of year. The cold weather and the shorter days make me really depressed. I'm trying not to complain so much but sometimes the best way to stop focusing on something that's bothering you is to tell someone else.

I'm looking forward to winter being over and having some warmer, sunnier days. Unfortunately, I know that's several weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate this time of year. The cold weather and the shorter days make me really depressed. I'm trying not to complain so much but sometimes the best way to stop focusing on something that's bothering you is to tell someone else.

I'm looking forward to winter being over and having some warmer, sunnier days. Unfortunately, I know that's several weeks away.
    I know how you feel, its hard to be upbeat when you don't really feel that way.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I hate this time of year. The cold weather and the shorter days make me really depressed.
    I completely understand. At least you can acknowledge that you know your depressed and know the reason why. You can take steps to try and get yourself out of it. I try to trick myself into getting through it. First half of winter I force myself to look forward to the holidays. Second half I start looking forward to all the things I'm going to do during the spring/summer. I start looking at gardening sites and planning things I'll want to do in the yard. Then I start thinking of vacations. Like new campgrounds I might want to stay at. I try to NOT be in the here and now. lol Today is so cold I'm planning a trip to the Bahamas this summer. I will actually end up staying at the local state park, but right now the thought of the Bahamas is helping me through how miserable I am at the moment. lol
    Punkin, pikachu and Photobabe like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I got two of my kids those lights to make you feel better in winter. I'm waiting to hear how they like them. I actually got one of them for myself but my daughter was so jealous when I told her I got one for her brother, I decided to give the other one to her.
    Count your blessings!

I'm somewhat encouraged this year that it can't possibly get this cold again even though, statistically, the coldest period is usually the period around about January 23rd. So I figure the days are both getting longer and warmer, or at least they're about to, sooner than in prior years.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The weatherman said, a couple of weeks ago, that the days were starting to get longer!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The weatherman said, a couple of weeks ago, that the days were starting to get longer!
    Someone told me that too. If it's true I'm not seeing it at all. Just the opposite. It seems it's still getting light later & later in the morning. I've been watching the clock. It is.
    Maybe it's getting dark later in the evening. I don't watch for that.

I have trouble getting up when it's totally dark out. It's been getting to me pretty bad. I also get very inactive & down. I think a big part of it is the snow & cold too. I have no love for Winter or snow or cold. "Winter sports" is an oxymoron to me.
    It doesn't help that I live in the cold country. Long cold winters. Snow, shoveling, snowpacked roads, not being able to put the dog out except to "go", having the car just not want to warm up. Even going to the grocery store can be an issue I don't want to deal with.
    Below 0 temperatures are the norm in the Winter. Heck, 20 below is common. Schools don't shut down, businesses don't close, roads are still open. People still function relatively normally, but just take precautions.
    I don't get what all these people are making a big deal of that the temps are in the single digits. Try the double digits below, on a regular basis. Then we can talk about bad.

I belong in the South, in the warm country. I could live with 80 degrees every day & be smiling all the time.
    If I never saw snow again I wouldn't miss it a bit. The mere thought of it in the Fall fills me with dread.

I only stay here because I own my home, have a decent job & my children/grandchildren are here.
    I do have to admit that our Summers & early Fall are lovely, albeit a bit late. Not being able to plant a garden 'till June is unfortunate.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread