+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thanks, NorwIndian good reminder about the hot, strong coffee, which is delicious, too! (For me, though, not too late in the day.)

I was snowed in enough for my lifetime, and then some, when I lived in Wisconsin. I'm really thankful for the weather we're having now; I'm sure a SoCal "severe winter storm" (translation: colder than 65, windy, and enough rain to warrant an umbrella) soon enough. I've never lost that sense of wonder that comes with being able to wear sandals outside in January!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Back to school today. I need to get back into a schedule that includes being on my feet more. I did a lot of sitting around this vacation. My own fault, of course, but I was wallowing in the ability to do nothing but read/computer, etc.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've never gotten over my amazement at how many people have no difficulty with coffee breath/aftertaste. I think there are few things worse. I am also not a fan of the feeling of the caffeine effect. I have friends who can drink cup after cup....black coffee, no doubt....and they have no complaints. I will admit to doing one of those little 5-hour energy shots once, every several days; I do enjoy my occasional Coca-Cola binge; I do enjoy my occasional iced tea.

I remember asking a co-worker to step back away from me because his coffee breath was really bothering me, once. He looked at me like I had just landed on the planet, but he stepped back. That was OK with me because he drove me crazy, anyway. I am the same way about cigarette breath/stench.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a one coffee limit due to the caffeine. I don't need to be any more anxious.

I never thought about the coffee breath or after taste. I try to drink water after I do the coffee though.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have a one coffee limit due to the caffeine. I don't need to be any more anxious.

I never thought about the coffee breath or after taste. I try to drink water after I do the coffee though.
    Same for me. One coffee( usually a latte ) anymore and its decaf -I also drink water after, I am so aware of my breath though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hi, Kip! San Mateo is nice, but the summers there are just too warm for me (80's). I worked there the last ten years before I retired and in the summer I just stayed in my office all day for the air conditioning. After work I would drive north on the 101 and by the time I passed the airport I would see that lovely blanket of fog that means summer in San Francisco and would be so happy. Weird, huh?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I love coffee, but these days, if I have even one cup, I'll get a headache a day or two later. No more red wine either - most red wines give me a headache the following day. No big deal with the wine - I usually only have a glass or two a month anyway. I've rarely drunk more than one cup of coffee a day, but besides the tase, I like the energy burst I get from it. Now I just have two or three cups of decaf a week just for the taste.

Punkin - got a Buca di Beppo offer from Amazon Local today if you're still interested in those. Yeah, there are a lot of microclimates in the Bay Area. I grew up in the Napa Valley, so I'm used to the heat. Once I was working on grant from the GGNRA. The offices were out at Fort Cronkhite in Sausalito. It was summer, but I dressed in wool pants and sweaters. The offices were in an old WWII unheated barracks. We had space heaters at our feet. I was so cold there. I'd leave, drive through the tunnel into Marin, and it was sunny and warm. It was like driving from winter into summer in five minutes.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just read that it is 29 degrees in Anchorage, Alaska. It's 31 degrees in NC right now. And much of the country is near or below zero! Is it normally that warm in Alaska at this time of year?
    That is a fairly nice winter day for Anchorage. They don't tend to get significant mid-winter thaws in Anchorage like I usually see in the mid-west, so their spring thaws are much longer and messier. The other biggest difference I have noted is that the mid-west (at least the part I'm in) doesn't have mountains to break up the wind, so the straight-line winds are BRUTAL in the winter. I don't miss the darkness of winter in AK, but I do think it is far more beautiful!!!

And to respond to another PP, I do not enjoy frigid at all! I have been jealous of my aunt in SoCal who has been outdoors running all winter while I am confined to the stupid gym treadmill!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    That is a fairly nice winter day for Anchorage. They don't tend to get significant mid-winter thaws in Anchorage like I usually see in the mid-west, so their spring thaws are much longer and messier. The other biggest difference I have noted is that the mid-west (at least the part I'm in) doesn't have mountains to break up the wind, so the straight-line winds are BRUTAL in the winter. I don't miss the darkness of winter in AK, but I do think it is far more beautiful!!!

And to respond to another PP, I do not enjoy frigid at all! I have been jealous of my aunt in SoCal who has been outdoors running all winter while I am confined to the stupid gym treadmill!
    NC schools delaying opening tomorrow due to predicted low of 9 degrees! I don't think that has ever happened before.

Ref. Alaska, when you lived there, did you see much wildlife? I'm curious why so many residents I've seen trying to find game to kill for their food. They live in the middle of no where, but they hunt and hunt and there doesn't seem to be any moose, elk, bear, etc. It's odd, IMO. I thought those things were right in your backyard! lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This frigid weather is the perfect time to use my electric oven's cleaning feature!
    nennie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread