+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I can't even imagine. I'm to admit that I am sitting here in the family room with the heat cranked up to at least 70 degrees, have on a warm, cowl neck sweater, jeans, and a fluffy bathrobe on top of that and my hands are absolutely freezing. I know it's not normal and the rest of the family thinks the house is plenty warm so I know it's me. I just cannot seem to find the reason why. I've got to make another appointment with the endocrinologist but tests have shown that my thyroid function is normal. I do exhibit classic signs of underactive (hypothyroidism) thyroid so I don't know why they can't find out what is wrong. I literally freeze all winter long. If it wasn't for the fact that my 85 year old dad is still with us, I'd move to Florida or someplace warm. I just cannot take the winter, and Fanny, Closet and others, you have my sympathies...Unless of course you like the frigid weather.
    No, I hate it!! But living in the condo has made it seem all much easier. But now the next move, we are looking for a place to buy/rent in a hot spot during this time I love wearing my robe and watching great TV. Keep warm ECM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    ... not only is the scent a little overbearing, but I'm getting itchy eyes, heavy lungs, sneezing, etc. ... Has anyone else had this reaction to paper whites?...
    Not to paperwhites, but to smoke, cat dander, and dog—this includes service dogs—dander (even in small amounts, short exposures) — those are my worst asthma-triggering allergens. I can smell these triggers at quite a distance. Ugghh. Sleeping 12 hours (and still feeling tired, I'll bet) is due to the lung congestion. Headaches are a warning sign as well. I go through this, BTW, whenever I'm somewhere that's supposed to be smoke-free and pet-free (I have to be careful about that), and someone lights up or traipses in with a dog. (Smoke residue on clothes or hair does it to me as well.)

Anyway — get rid of the allergen; then do a few rounds with the neti pot. Take some Mucinex. Watch something (TV show, movie) that makes you laugh a LOT. Belly laughs. That combo works pretty well in clearing the lungs. (Not quite as quick as albuterol, but without the 'jumpy twitchies" and tachycardia.)
    Last edited by Ellen; 01-05-2014 at 10:03 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I've been complaining all day that it's way too warm out for January. I want cold and rain. After reading some of your posts, I think I'll shut up and enjoy the California sunshine.

Ellen, hot coffee helps too. My mom had emphysema and I used to make her a hot cup of coffee when she'd get short of breath. It helped every time. I'm sorry you're suffering.

How do I make names bold? I can't seem to figure it out.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 01-05-2014 at 10:43 PM.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

NorwIndian, to make a word "bold" look at the toolbar in the quick reply box. Highlight the word you want bolded with your cursor and then click on the uppercase B in the toolbar.

I'm on my kindle so I don't have a cursor and don't see a tool bar, but I'm going to practice. I was never a big internet person before my fall so I'm stupid when it comes to this stuff.
    Thanks!

eastcoastmom
    Testing

EDIT: I did it! I put in the brackets and the b. I feel so.proud.lol.

Thanks eastcoastmom
    Ellen, CantGetNuf, PGM35 and 1 others like this.

It was 73° here today. This is why I live in California.
    Ellen and NorwIndian like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It was close to 70 here today Critical. I do love living in California but I would like maybe a little bit of winter.
    I've always wanted to be snowbound for a week in a cabin in the mountains . As long as I had TV and enough books and supplies, I think I would love it. But only for a week.

I haven't been to the snow in a couple of years. We usually try to go to Lake Tahoe for a couple of days to play in the snow every year. I like that it's close enough to go for a day trip if we want.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The snow can be quite nice as long as you are with the right person! Snowed-in is even better!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That too! I forgot to add that to my list of supplies.

Snowed in! That's what I meant. I knew snowbound wasn't right but I couldn't think of the right term.

+ Reply to Thread