+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Been watching Sunday morning news shows, and they've been talking about the Olympic games in Sochi. I would no more be going over there 'than the man in the moon' (stupid phrase)! "Benefit of the doubt" doesn't work for me. For me, "doubt" means "don't". My inner voice says "No!" The only times I have gone wrong is when I have ignored that voice.

Good luck to all who go. Hope it is politically uneventful. I don't think it's worth the chance.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yeah I'm not filled with confidence with the Russian security like they keep trying to convince me I should be. I am praying for all of our athletes. I wish we could send an American security team with them. I really have a bad feeling about the Olympics this year and that makes me so sad.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Paper Whites or Narcissus are my favorite flowers. I love the fragrance! They are blooming outside now! My daffy's should be coming up next month, but we have had no winter. I still have some of my rose bushes blooming! DH thinks I should be cutting them back by now but should I if they're still in bloom or haven't yet lost their leaves?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gut's initial situation with the Paper Whites demonstrates how our bodies try to protect us. She couldn't stand the smell of the PWs while she was trying to 'force' them ; I'm guessing they were bothering her then, and she blew it off to something else, and now she's had this nasty reaction. I'm just glad she spoke up before they killed her. Anaphylaxis is no joke, especially if you don't recognize it! You can't let anything mess with your breathing.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Punkin I'm not an expert but my grandmother and my gil both said to cut the roses back in the fall. Regardless if they're still blooming or not. I always thought it was a waste to cut them while they were still blooming. I think you're supposed to cut them back before the first freeze.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Well, we never get freezes, but the class I took at the nursery a few years back said to do it in mid-January. San Mateo's extensive rose gardens in the Central Park asks for volunteers to come and help with the pruning every year and they are doing it January 11th. And I know some of theirs are still blooming because I pass the gardens on the way to my son's house. So I suppose I'll do it then, blooming or not.

Very weird weather here. Only one good rainstorm all rainy season so far. Not much snowpack in the Sierras and poor skiing year. (Not that I ski or go places where snow might happen, been there - didn't like it.) I smell a drought and water rationing ahead.

-39 this morning, so very very cold.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yikes! Sorry.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    -39 this morning, so very very cold.
    I can't even imagine. I'm to admit that I am sitting here in the family room with the heat cranked up to at least 70 degrees, have on a warm, cowl neck sweater, jeans, and a fluffy bathrobe on top of that and my hands are absolutely freezing. I know it's not normal and the rest of the family thinks the house is plenty warm so I know it's me. I just cannot seem to find the reason why. I've got to make another appointment with the endocrinologist but tests have shown that my thyroid function is normal. I do exhibit classic signs of underactive (hypothyroidism) thyroid so I don't know why they can't find out what is wrong. I literally freeze all winter long. If it wasn't for the fact that my 85 year old dad is still with us, I'd move to Florida or someplace warm. I just cannot take the winter, and Fanny, Closet and others, you have my sympathies...Unless of course you like the frigid weather.
    Punkin likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Hey, Punkin - one of my sons and his wife live in San Mateo. Just got back from there. Took my SIL to the airport, then dropped my son & DIL's 3 cats we had been cat sitting at their house. They had been in NYC visiting my DIL's mother and were very happy to get back to California weather.

And, thanks, y'all, for the reminder to prune my roses.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread