+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5670Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thank you for the info cantgetenough. Interesting!
    You can do it!

Thankful to say at 59 I take no meds at all except for a headache. Tylenol works fine for that.
    AZChristian likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

A friend gave me paper white bulbs in a container for forcing. I was skeptical because my memory of forcing them a long time ago was that I didn't like the scent. But I watered them and watched them grow really fast. Well, they've been blooming for a few days now, and not only is the scent a little overbearing, but I'm getting itchy eyes, heavy lungs, sneezing, etc. I've moved them to a seldom used room. She may drop by at some point while they're still blooming. Has anyone else had this reaction to paper whites? I've also had a headache for two days and I never get headaches. I may have to put them in the basement or throw them out altogether.
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What you have described is a true allergic reaction. And headaches when you never get headaches.....I vote you should throw them out before you end up completely shut down or in the emergency room. What Are You Thinking???

If nothing else, call your doctor's office or that nurse advice hotline that insurance companies usually provide. I've found them to be pretty good.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I also slept over 12 hours last night!!!! I think you're right... out they go.
    Count your blessings!

Report back on how you are feeling!

I can see your death certificate now: Cause of death: Allergic Reaction from People-Pleasing.

I'm sure your friend will understand.
    Punkin likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You're right. She would. She would be the first to tell me to get rid of them. And you're right that I'm a people pleaser. Every personality type quiz I've ever taken points to that. Second child syndrome?
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Your symptoms should clear up, rapidly, after you have the offending substance out of the house. If it doesn't, see somebody soon!

I, too, am a second child. Eventually, I just got fed up, beat up my sister, and kept it moving!

Fortunately, I've never really cared what other people thought! I always figured they'd either get over it, or they wouldn't. Their issue, not mine.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-05-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    inthegarden likes this.

My new favorite phrase... "Not my circus, not my monkeys".
    We head back to school tomorrow after two weeks off. I'll be repeating it often.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My new favorite phrase... "Not my circus, not my monkeys".
    We head back to school tomorrow after two weeks off. I'll be repeating it often.
    Like this phrase. At my daughters Christmas morning my grandson was getting frustrated over something and my husband said "patience grasshopper". My daughter said I am going to start using that.
    Punkin likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread