+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4542Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Thank you! It feels so weird. I can't stop touching it. It used to reach my tail bone, now it barely touches my shoulders. I still don't know why I decided to chop it all off but I think I really like it.
    I'm having to learn to live differently than I did before my accident so maybe I just needed a new lol to go with my new life.

And...I can now walk all the was across my living room with my walker! I practice all the time and am getting stronger every day!
    Congratulations on the new "do" and especially on your progress walking!!! That's awesome!!!!
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks! I was so excited when I made it all the way across the room. I was shaking and sweaty when I got to the other side but I did it. I do my therapy every day. If I'm with the therapists or not, I'm always working on my equipment.
    I won't be running in any races anytime soon but I'm definitely making progress.
    CantGetNuf, Cootie and AZChristian like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

I'm inspired by you! Keep it up!
    I fell asleep early, got up at 2 and am enjoying my interval before "second sleep"... and olden times custom from before electricity that I'm fully embracing.
    Segmented sleep - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    NorwIndian likes this.
    Count your blessings!

That's really interesting. I have weird sleep patterns too. It's good to know that they may not be so weird after all. I can't get into a good, deep sleep for more than about 4 hours at a time. I used to lie there and toss and turn the rest of the night just waiting to fall asleep again.
    Lately though I've been getting up for a while, having a snack, reading or whatever. I've noticed that I feel a lot better and well rested since I don't toss and turn half the night.

I still get my sleep, but kind of in shifts now. I don't lie there frustrated that I can't sleep anymore. I'm going to go read more about that.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Once I learned there was a long tradition for it, I've really embraced it. For one thing, when I wake up, my lungs are often a little congested and sitting up for a while lets them clear so I can get back to sleep much more easily. Also, if I check my emails and other sites, I don't have to do it in the morning when I'm trying to get out to work or the Y for a swim.
    Count your blessings!

I have been a shift sleeper. I go into a good coma about 7 pm. But i wake up a couple of times a night and am fully awake by 4am.
    You can do it!

I sleep in three- or four-hour shifts, too. Sometimes a hot flash is involved, but often not. I was thinking something's wrong, but maybe not.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I used to sleep like a log. I literally slept through Hurricane Fran in 1996!!!!! I'm serious. We had just moved into this upstairs condo that very day and I was exhausted from days of packing. There were huge trees right outside the bedroom window and they would hit against the brick as the wind got stronger! The power went out, the phones went out, and so I went to bed. Next thing I knew, it was the morning and all was calm, though devastated. It was the worst natural disaster in NC's recorded history. No one could believe I did that. I'm certain if wouldn't happen now though! lol

Hurricane Fran 10 Year Anniversary :: WRAL.com

It was like a war zone. We had no power for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-03-2014 at 12:11 PM.

I used to sleep like a log, now I have to get up to go to the washroom(x2) and I am wide awake. Since I have been working out a little more, I sleep better than I did.- and now we have sold the business, I don't stay awake juggling numbers in my head..
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's official. It will be SO COLD in Minnesota on Monday that the governor has announced school will be closed statewide. I may need to consider working at home that day just to avoid going outside. Brrrrr.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread