+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4500Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I do agree that brains can get a little.....sometimes, a lot........ "sludgy" with regular marijuana use/overuse....I can usually spot a "super-user" with no difficulty. Thank goodness, I never got to that point! Nothing worse than looking stupid in front of yourself when you are used to having a keen mind. They want to eat and to sleep, and laugh more so than normal. The alcohol overusers tend to want to do dangerous, bad decision things and they want to fight. I'd rather have marijuana users at a party than alcohol users. Alcohol overusers are going to tear things up; the marijuana group is going to eat you out of house and home. Marijuana effects will wear off much more quickly than alcohol effects. I do respect the medicinal uses of the herb.

Children/teens should be a definite NO when it comes to marijuana, unless they have a serious medical condition that can be helped by it, with doctor supervision.
    I knew quite a few marijuana users that will tear up furniture, its not true that it mellows everyone out, or they just eat. The one thing I do know, is that most drinks are consumed later in the day, whereas pot is smoked sometimes all day, without the user knowing their limits. Just like alcohol
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    A radio commentator here recently had some interesting comments to make about legalizing pot. His objection is that there is no way to test a driver suspected of being "high". With alcohol a breathalyzer test or blood test can tell if a driver is under the influence. With pot, the test will show positive for many days after last use even if the driver is no longer high. Therefore, since a person who is high is statistically as likely to cause an accident as one who is DUI, we may end up with people high on pot being a menace on the roads and no surefire way of proving that they were impaired.
    Yes, and just as some parts of our country are cracking down so hard on drivers that drink( and making headway) we now have this( sigh)
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If a marijuana user smokes and tears things up and starts acting crazy, I guarantee you that something else is going on.
    Punkin, CantGetNuf and NorwIndian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Baby's Bteath, I'm sincerely not trying to suck anybody in to believing anything, but I also don't want people to think that if they smoke marijuana, which is used medically with great success, they'll turn into a heroin addict shooting up behind a liquor store either.

If I didn't have my marijuana right now, I would have wasted away. I'm already down 26 pounds since my accident and would have no appetite and wouldn't sleep well without it.
    I just don't want anybody to be afraid to use it if they need it medically.

I'll concede that maybe in some people, it could lead to harder drugs. But in a lot of cases it won't.
    I'm on the legalization side of this issue. I tried it back in the day along with most of my friends. As far as I know, none of us became regular users or moved on to more serious drugs. I grew up in Anchorage and when I was a child, private ownership and use of marijuana was legal. I was regularly around quite a few adults that used responsibly, so I'm sure that affects my view of the topic!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    ...Then I went and got my hair cut. And by cut, I mean chopped off! Since I was young, I've had long, straight hair. Parted down the middle, same boring hair forever.

Its now shoulder length layers. It feels so strange! I can't stop touching it. It will take a while to get used to. They cut off 9 inches of hair. I donated it. I wasn't planning to get more than a trim. I don't know what came over me but I think I like it! It's definitely different.
    A few people said that it's taken 10 years off my face. I still don't know why I did it, I've had the same hair "style" forever.
    Congratulations on your style change! It can be so refreshing to get a new look!! I used to have my hair very short, then started growing it a bit longer over the last several years since my daughter was born. My husband recently convinced me to go very short again (pixie-short) and I have gotten so many comments on how much younger I look. I may never go back to long(er) hair again!
    Debb70 and NorwIndian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If a marijuana user smokes and tears things up and starts acting crazy, I guarantee you that something else is going on.
    Hmm, there are no guarantees in life. Drugs change you, they change who you are. There is a ton of info out there, some of what you are saying is true, but not everyone sits around mellowed out and gets the munchies. Some people get very wired on it, some get depressed. So theres that..anyway I know what I went through .I am just glad there isn't one person who smokes anything around my grandchild
    KatesMom and Baby's Breath like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Just got a letter from my son and he said the division was so happy to get the mail. They all appreciated it very much! It meant a lot.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to do that. I'm so grateful that we were able to help them through the holidays. You guys are the absolute best! XOXO
    Ellen, CantGetNuf, waywyrd and 8 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

Congratulations on your style change! It can be so refreshing to get a new look!! I used to have my hair very short, then started growing it a bit longer over the last several years since my daughter was born. My husband recently convinced me to go very short again (pixie-short) and I have gotten so many comments on how much younger I look. I may never go back to long(er) hair again!
    Thank you! It feels so weird. I can't stop touching it. It used to reach my tail bone, now it barely touches my shoulders. I still don't know why I decided to chop it all off but I think I really like it.
    I'm having to learn to live differently than I did before my accident so maybe I just needed a new lol to go with my new life.

And...I can now walk all the was across my living room with my walker! I practice all the time and am getting stronger every day!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Just got a letter from my son and he said the division was so happy to get the mail. They all appreciated it very much! It meant a lot.

Thank you all so much for taking the time to do that. I'm so grateful that we were able to help them through the holidays. You guys are the absolute best! XOXO
    That's terrific -
    PGM35 and JavaJo like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

That makes my day! I'm so glad that they got some mail. I don't understand how their families just seem to have forgotten them. They are heroes and I'm very happy that I was able to do my small part.
    PGM35 likes this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

NorwIndian, that's great news about your progress! I'm so happy for you! I wish much continued improvement.

+ Reply to Thread