+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6939Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    ...But I would like for it to be a legal option, in a form other than smoke...
    Edit: I meant "available in more than just the 'smoking' form." My wording wasn't very clear.

For example, the medicinal marijuana shops out here the ones that haven't been hassled offer alternative forms, such as cookies, teas, capsules, etc., for those who can't smoke or prefer not to smoke.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Eastcoastmom, I agree that them spending their money like that is ridiculous.

It's very hard to "lace" weed. I grow my own legally but have never personally heard of anybody getting bad stuff.

I haven't heard the term gateway drug in ages but I honestly don't think that smoking a joint will make somebody try harder drugs unless they were predisposed to do so. If there is a gateway drug, in my opinion it's alcohol. And alcohol is a drug.
    9 times out of 10, I've found the people who condemn weed usually have a big ole glass of some type of alcohol in their hands.

All I know is what my Dr and I have talked about. She knows I smoke. We've discussed the effects of the narcotic pain medicine I'm on compared to weed. Physically, the weed is much better on the body. There are no withdrawals when you stop smoking which I'm terrified of when I'm finally able to stop taking them. And the weed stops my back spasms better than any muscle relaxer I've ever taken.

The last thing I'll say about it is this...if I had to make a choice of spending time with a drunk or a pot head, I'll take a room full of pot heads over spending a minute with a drunk. We may take your Doritos but we aren't going to flip out and beat you up. Lol.

I apologize if I've offended anybody with my "hippie Ness". I'll shut up now. Promise.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 01-02-2014 at 12:02 AM.
    Punkin, prhoshay, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

On the topic of weed, I've tried it a few times before, like I said a while ago. But it was not for me and i don't plan on doing anymore of it. Before that I have never smoked so it was my first time smoking anything. I don't drink alcohol or do any other drugs either.

Anyway, thanks for the support and comments about my possible trip to Europe. However, I want to make it known that my dad and my current family do not have a good history. My mom's been in an abusive relationship with him for seven years, including the first five years of my life. Not only that, but I have somewhat of a support system here in Canada for my problems. In Hungary, no matter what i do, I don't think I will have that there.

And also, I attempted to update my POF dating account. I messaged two people again and so far I still have no happiness or care for me.

Good for you, JohnnyK. Please don't get sucked in to believing that it couldn't lead to something worse. It can. You're smart to steer clear of it. As for alcohol, you've publicly mentioned that you take a prescription, so absolutely, I wouldn't want you drinking either. As for your dad and how you are feeling... if you're not ready for this trip because you think it might set you back emotionally, tell your counselor so he/she can facilitate an agreement that is in your best interest. And if you fear your dad in any way, please do not go. Trust your gut.
    inthegarden and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    On the topic of weed, I've tried it a few times before, like I said a while ago. But it was not for me and i don't plan on doing anymore of it. Before that I have never smoked so it was my first time smoking anything. I don't drink alcohol or do any other drugs either.

Anyway, thanks for the support and comments about my possible trip to Europe. However, I want to make it known that my dad and my current family do not have a good history. My mom's been in an abusive relationship with him for seven years, including the first five years of my life. Not only that, but I have somewhat of a support system here in Canada for my problems. In Hungary, no matter what i do, I don't think I will have that there.

And also, I attempted to update my POF dating account. I messaged two people again and so far I still have no happiness or care for me.
    I am glad it wasn't for you.

I am sorry about family JK. When I read your post, it seemed to say you were happy about the trip to see you dad...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Good for you, JohnnyK. Please don't get sucked in to believing that it couldn't lead to something worse. It can. You're smart to steer clear of it. As for alcohol, you've publicly mentioned that you take a prescription, so absolutely, I wouldn't want you drinking either. As for your dad and how you are feeling... if you're not ready for this trip because you think it might set you back emotionally, tell your counselor so he/she can facilitate an agreement that is in your best interest. And if you fear your dad in any way, please do not go. Trust your gut.
    It's not that I fear him, because like, he comes here sometimes. And when I see him I don't feel too uncomfortable. But, being with him over people I am used to, in a different country, for a month, is what seems difficult.

When I read your post, it seemed to say you were happy about the trip to see you dad...
    What do you mean

When you mentioned the trip, I thought you sounded positive about it..maybe thats what I was hoping you felt
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 01-02-2014 at 01:30 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Feelings are still mixed. I felt better about it yesterday than the day before and today. It'll come.

Baby's Bteath, I'm sincerely not trying to suck anybody in to believing anything, but I also don't want people to think that if they smoke marijuana, which is used medically with great success, they'll turn into a heroin addict shooting up behind a liquor store either.

If I didn't have my marijuana right now, I would have wasted away. I'm already down 26 pounds since my accident and would have no appetite and wouldn't sleep well without it.
    I just don't want anybody to be afraid to use it if they need it medically.

I'll concede that maybe in some people, it could lead to harder drugs. But in a lot of cases it won't.

If I may change the subject (please!).

I had a nice day today. Next month marks a year since my accident and my daughter took me out today to "celebrate"
    We went and got manicure and pedicures. We got massages too but I could only get my legs and arms done. They didn't really even want to do that. I think they were afraid they'd hurt me or something. Then I went and got my hair cut. And by cut, I mean chopped off! Since I was young, I've had long, straight hair. Parted down the middle, same boring hair forever.

Its now shoulder length layers. It feels so strange! I can't stop touching it. It will take a while to get used to. They cut off 9 inches of hair. I donated it. I wasn't planning to get more than a trim. I don't know what came over me but I think I like it! It's definitely different.
    A few people said that it's taken 10 years off my face. I still don't know why I did it, I've had the same hair "style" forever.

JohnnyK, I'm a big believer in going with your gut. Whatever feels right to you regarding your trip is what you should do. You're a smart guy. You'll figure it out.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 01-02-2014 at 01:36 AM.
    Punkin likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Feelings are still mixed. I felt better about it yesterday than the day before and today. It'll come.
    Yes, it will. As baby's breath said, trust your gut.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread