+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6170Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Will you admit that it is less detrimental than liquor?
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Honestly, I've never really read about the physical ailments or diseases that prolonged weed smoking can lead to, so I couldn't say definitively. We all know how much physical damage prolonged alcohol drinking does and even in vitro, so yeah, you're probably right, shay. I just know too many kids who started smoking pots as teens and they just have no ambition. I saw it even with some of my sons' friends. I do think excessive pot smoking leads to damaged brain cells. This couple smokes every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Honestly, I've never really read about the physical ailments or diseases that prolonged weed smoking can lead to, so I couldn't say definitively. We all know how much physical damage prolonged alcohol drinking does and even in vitro, so yeah, you're probably right, shay. I just know too many kids who started smoking pots as teens and they just have no ambition. I saw it even with some of my sons' friends. I do think excessive pot smoking leads to damaged brain cells. This couple smokes every day.
    We had a family member that was addicted to pot. It was terrible and just as detrimental as liquor imnsho.
    captain and inthegarden like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Not to be contrary BUT... I am going to respectfully disagree that pot is totally harmless. I know a married couple, married over 35 years and pushing 60. They have been smoking weed since their young teens. They are brain dead...I mean, really, nothing is going on upstairs. They don't abuse alcohol and they don't use any other drugs, nor have they in the past. I cannot hold a coherent conversation with them. They had one child. He is grown and married and smokes weed all of the time, too. In fact they all used to smoke together. They have always had money problems and the husband works a pretty menial job b/c he has no ambition. The wife was trained as a dental technician and never even went back to work when her only child was a reasonable age. I've got no bones about that b/c I was a stay at home mom for years but for me I was able to afford that luxury. I surely would have gone back to work if I had as pressing money problems that this couple does. My point is that she preferred to stay home every day so she could smoke her precious weed. I used to think pot was harmless at one time, but I have seen with my own eyes what happened to this couple and it sure doesn't seem harmless to me now.
    First off, I never said that weed is "totally harmless". When compared to what alcohol does to people, in my opinion it's RELATIVELY harmless. I never said totally harmless.

Second, it's really not fair to judge millions is smokers based on your experience with 2 people. Nobody knows if these people would be lazy losers even if they didn't smoke. I've known plenty of lazy losers who have never smoked in their lives. I've smoked for a long time, I'm not lazy. Before my accident, I held the same full time job, plus overtime and weekends for over 20 years.

Sorry if I sound defensive, I just get upset when people think that people who smoke weed are stupid, uneducated, lazy people who do nothing but get high all day. That couldn't be further from the truth in my experience.

Edit; My son smokes. He's 28, has been at the same job for over 7 years and has moved up in the company faster than any other employee. He and his girlfriend just bought their first house.
    Not every smoker is a brain dead loser.
    And you'll never ever get me to believe that weed is as bad as alcohol. There are many studies that disprove that.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 01-01-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    First off, I never said that weed is "totally harmless". When compared to what alcohol does to people, in my opinion it's RELATIVELY harmless. I never said totally harmless.

Second, it's really not fair to judge millions is smokers based on your experience with 2 people. Nobody knows if these people would be lazy losers even if they didn't smoke. I've known plenty of lazy losers who have never smoked in their lives. I've smoked for a long time, I'm not lazy. Before my accident, I held the same full time job, plus overtime and weekends for over 20 years.

Sorry if I sound defensive, I just get upset when people think that people who smoke weed are stupid, uneducated, lazy people who do nothing but get high all day. That couldn't be further from the truth in my experience.
    Fair enough but I never said YOU were any of those things. I also never said that people who smoke weed are stupid or uneducated. I do feel though that many times excessive pot smoking leads to a sort of mental/physical lethargy. I can't fathom why a couple, who have serious money issues, would be spending what they don't have in order to be able to be able to smoke every day. Don't apologize for sounding defensive. I don't think you sound defensive and I would expect you to come here and disagree with my post. I meant no disrespect and was just expressing my humble opinion only.
    prhoshay and Fanny Mare like this.

Pot is often laced with dangerous chemicals. It is a gateway drug that destroys families.
    captain, nennie and Eastcoastmom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Pot is often laced with dangerous chemicals. It is a gateway drug that destroys families.
    It is most definitely a gateway drug. My husbands brother was killed in a head on collision, the guy was higher than a kite. I don't think alcohol is any better, but we know lots of drivers that toke and drive.Do we really need more idiots on the road than we have
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When you get into talking about "laced pot", you are talking about quality and the lower level marijuana. I do not agree about "gateway"....that's more of a convenient colloquialism that people who prefer anecdotes prefer, IMO.
    Punkin, Debb70 and NorwIndian like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    When you get into talking about "laced pot", you are talking about quality and the lower level marijuana. I do not agree about "gateway"....that's more of a convenient colloquialism that people who prefer anecdotes prefer, IMO.
    When I say gateway, that's what I know and what I went through with a family member. As for my husbands brother, the pothead that killed him was smoking pot and being all mellow for three hours before hand. So we all have our opinions- Yes? usually based on our own experiences
    -Andy Rooney-

Doesn't harm -- or not -- depend upon intelligent use and moderation?

I enjoy a glass or two of good wine few times per week with dinner; for me, it's not a "nasty drug."

I support the legalization of pot (actually, I think making it legal will improve the quality and do away with the harmful additives -- if the consumers demand such), yet I don't use it myself. The last thing I need is something that'll give me the munchies. And my lungs can't handle smoke of any kind. But I would like for it to be a legal option, in a form other than smoke, should I need/want it. I'm thinking mainly medicinal, which is legal in my state in theory; however, in practice, it gets complicated by the feds.
    prhoshay and Lil Bit like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread