+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5929Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Happy New Year east coast people! Hope you're having a fun, safe night. We still have a few hours to go.
    Lizard likes this.
    ~~~~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~~~~

Happy New Year's! Here's to a wonderful 2014 !
    Lizard likes this.

Happy new year, everyone!
    images.jpeg
    waywyrd, Lizard and Cootie like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Happy New Year to all here at FORT! I made it up to cheer in the new year last night. I didn't think I was going to make it. lol We stayed in and kept it quiet with a special meal and movie. Just the way I like it. I used to party the New Year in with dancing and music every year. I've been there and done there. NO hangover now. I like that!

I wish a very happy 2014 for all! I have a feeling it's going to be a very good year.
    Lizard and Cootie like this.

Had a quiet New Year's celebration here. My son had to work, so we had a movie night with our granddaughters. I woke up at 10:30 and put the girls in their beds, then went to sleep myself. I actually got to sleep until 8 am this morning so that was a change. We haven't really "celebrated" on New Years Eve so many years, so this was actually a big deal for us.
    Cootie likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Recreational marijuana shops in Colorado!! WOW!
    Punkin and Ellen like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Recreational marijuana shops in Colorado!! WOW!
    I think it should be legal everywhere. I will never EVER understand why weed is illegal but alcohol isn't. Alcohol destroys your mind, your body, your relationships, everything. Alcohol is a nasty, nasty drug.
    I am a smoker, have been for years. Since my accident, I've been a legal smoker but even if I wasn't legal, I would still smoke. I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Go Colorado! I hope the rest of the country follows suit.
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.
    ~~~~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~~~~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree! Much, much better than alcohol. I don't smoke but, then, there were those college days! I giggle now, just thinking about it.
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I think it should be legal everywhere. I will never EVER understand why weed is illegal but alcohol isn't. Alcohol destroys your mind, your body, your relationships, everything. Alcohol is a nasty, nasty drug.
    I am a smoker, have been for years. Since my accident, I've been a legal smoker but even if I wasn't legal, I would still smoke. I see nothing wrong with it at all.

Go Colorado! I hope the rest of the country follows suit.
    Not to be contrary BUT... I am going to respectfully disagree that pot is totally harmless. I know a married couple, married over 35 years and pushing 60. They have been smoking weed since their young teens. They are brain dead...I mean, really, nothing is going on upstairs. They don't abuse alcohol and they don't use any other drugs, nor have they in the past. I cannot hold a coherent conversation with them. They had one child. He is grown and married and smokes weed all of the time, too. In fact they all used to smoke together. They have always had money problems and the husband works a pretty menial job b/c he has no ambition. The wife was trained as a dental technician and never even went back to work when her only child was a reasonable age. I've got no bones about that b/c I was a stay at home mom for years but for me I was able to afford that luxury. I surely would have gone back to work if I had as pressing money problems that this couple does. My point is that she preferred to stay home every day so she could smoke her precious weed. I used to think pot was harmless at one time, but I have seen with my own eyes what happened to this couple and it sure doesn't seem harmless to me now.
    captain and inthegarden like this.

+ Reply to Thread