+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6755Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

MRD
    Hey Schmoo, we'll keep you company.

I came in to add that I got this mental picture of me passed out under the Christmas tree clutching the empty champagne bottle when they finallly do get up. Would serve them right!

Ok, getting out 3 glasses now for CGE and Schmoo to join me with mimosas.
    I have sausage balls in the oven too. Want some of those???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Sounds wonderful.
    Son called up looking for breakfast, so if I make him an omelet he'll come over (lives next door).
    course, he'll probably take it back home. sigh

MRD
    We got home from church at 12:30 and got in bed around 1:30 at 2:30 daughter wakes us up saying her stomach hurt and she's hungry. It has been so ingrained upon her for years that we ALL go in the family room TOGETHER on Christmas morning, that she could not get to the kitchen, so could we fix her something to eat as she thought if she ate, it would make her tummy better. At 2:30, I could not see the logic. Heck, at 9 am I still can't see it.

They always want us around for food huh?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2186761;
    MB save your bones. Prime rib bones make the most delicious beef vegetable soup you will ever have. I always look forward to when we have prime rib as I snag the bones up and hide them in the fridge so I can make soup out of them.
    I did save the bones! There was enough meat on them and I didn't want to pick at them while I was carving the roast so I left them in the pan brought them home. Homemade beef veggie soup sounds awesome, thanks for the tip.

My roast was supposed to be 7 pounds but it was actually almost 8 pounds which was a good thing because the roast turned out so good people were sneaking back into the kitchen for seconds. My SIL also made ham and she ended up with tons of it left over. I had barely enough prime rib left to bring a little home for my son, he had to work yesterday and couldn't be there. I think prime rib for Christmas just became our new tradition.

I would love to join you in a toast. I had to scratch my own thoughts of having mimosas and showing up drunk at the inlaws when I ended up getting drunk in front of all of them Friday night. LOL Don't think it would do for me to keep showing up drunk at family gatherings.

I made brownie cheesecake bars. I even had to turn the mixer on quite a few times. But they're still not up!!!!! Thats it I'm taking them to the doctor tomorrow. They obviously have some kind of sleeping disorder.

Mine are asleep but I'm not amazed. Midnight Mass went to 1:30am last night. The ex is coming over at 10am so I'm going to shower and get them up a little before 10am.

He stays for present opening and we have cinnomon rolls and sausages or ham, which ever everyone prefers. Then after a couple hours he heads home. We then take off for my sisters.

Would love the mimsoa but later, actually I think my sister has coffee drinks planned for me when I arrive.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I had to wake my 13 year old up at 7:30!!! He's now happily content playing some new PS2 game........

Meanwhile, I've still got the "crud" and I stupidly took some medicine on a empty stomach so between running to the bathroom with the dry heaves and feeling very dizzy, I think I am going to go lay back down and try and get some rest. I'm not due at my mom's until 2:00 today so I can see if some of this wears off!

Merry Christmas to everyone...hope Santa was good to each of you!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    My throat is really sore. I think I'm sick!

My Mum called me at 8:30am this morning to wake me up

I should be grateful she didn't wake me up at 5 am and it was nice to chat with her. When I was younger and we all still lived at home we got our stockings at whatever time we woke up Christmas morning and opened them...going back to sleep promptly after --- my Mum put my brother's outside as a joke one year as he was always up around 3am. Our parents would let us sleep as long as we lasted and when my brothers and I woke up for real we would go and wake them up.

This time I opened all my presents and stocking with my Dad last night. Well actually there is one more at my Dad's place and my brothers gifts are in my mailbox, but I don't have a key So I have to wait until my landlord comes back in a week for those ones.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Premium Member
    Take care of yourselves all of you who are feeling like crap today, I'm sorry so many of you are not feeling well. It sucks to be sick anytime, but especially on Christmas.

+ Reply to Thread