+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5920Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I might have to go to Hungary in a while, for a little while. My dad's there and he's been wanting me to go for a long time now and it looks like it'll finally have to happen.

I have mixed feelings. I'm gonna have to travel by myself. Which will be challenging but I am sure I can do it.

I hope I get VIP treatment.

My Christmas was okay. How was yours
    cablejockey and Photobabe like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I might have to go to Hungary in a while, for a little while. My dad's there and he's been wanting me to go for a long time now and it looks like it'll finally have to happen.

I have mixed feelings. I'm gonna have to travel by myself. Which will be challenging but I am sure I can do it.

Ahh, I had a feeling it had something to do with your dad. A trip to Hungary sounds very, very exciting. Yes, traveling solo can be a bit challenging, I suppose, if you've never traveled much before. Just make sure you have all the right documents, pack lightly, and make sure you know what you can and cannot pack in your overnight bag if you bring one. Will you be visiting Budapest? I hope you take lots of photos you can share with us.

My Christmas was very nice, thank you. My eldest son was home with us for 3 days so I was super happy. I am glad all the running around, cooking and cleaning and serving are done, though.

Happy New Year to you, Johnny and I hope you will have a wonderful trip.
    JohnnyK likes this.

I think it's Budapest, I don't know. He wants me to help him with a hotel he has opened there. But I think his actual living quarters is in a neighboring city. I was born in Budapest. I haven't been there since I was 5.

But my mixed feelings come from a combination of depression, anxiety, and negativity.

I really don't know what to expect.

And there is no set date. It could be in a month, it could be in the summer. Who knows.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 12-30-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    NorwIndian, I've got at least 20 to spare that I could gladly give ya.
    I think you're lucky. When us women get to be a certain age, I think we look so much better with some extra weight. I've been on both sides. I gained quite a bit of weight about 15 years ago and when I saw it was getting to be too much, I started walking to pick up the kids at school, about 2 miles instead of driving. I eventually got the weight off. Now I'm on the other side and it's just as hard, for me, to gain the weight as it was to lose it.
    If I get stressed or upset about something, I literally can't eat. I gag if I try to make myself eat. And this past year has been one big ole ball of stress.
    2014 is going to be much better though. I'm optimistic.

Katesmom, that's awesome! Congratulations on 11 years!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

JohnnyK, how exciting. I'm sure you'll do fine traveling by yourself. What a great opportunity for you?
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post

That sounds pretty great to me! Instead of thinking you "have" to go, try thinking that you "get" to go! It sounds like a great trip to me. I have faith in you. You can do it by yourself. I believe that you're stronger than you think you are.

I hope you decide to go and that you have a great time.

Happy New Year JohnnyK.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Happy birthday to ECM.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

I traveled with friends and with a group some years ago to Europe. I stayed after they returned home for an extended vacation and it was wonderful. I traveled around England by train all by myself, went sight seeing, to dinner, etc. It was a challenge, but I had a great time. It was daunting to know that no one else on that continent knew me. But it really increased my confidence. Enjoy your time there Johnny.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Wow JohnnyK. That sounds so exciting! Just think of it as an adventure! Take a journal so you can write and sketch along the way...then share with us who are not as lucky as you and don't get to travel to a beautiful place. Warmest wishes for your New Year.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

8 pm, and I've already heard my first rounds of gunshots; the gurls scrambled! I'm staying in tonight; there's a True Blood marathon on! I'm looking forward to a little glass of wine, later! The things that the rookies are looking forward to doing because it's New Year's Eve, I've already done to death!!! Happy New Year, everybody!
    Lizard and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread