+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Ellen, you always have the best menus. Love, love, love tapas! How DO you keep that girlish figure of yours?
    Ellen likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We're staying at a Bed and breakfast for the next few days. The owners are providing snacks and drinks. The place has four guest rooms, and they're all booked. We only have to walk down the hall to be safe in bed.
    Miss Scarlet and NorwIndian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    ECM, that sounds wonderful!! As a recovering alcoholic, New Year's doesn't hold the same appeal for me that it once did! I tend to leave the partying to the "amateur drunks"!
    I'm in the same boat. I just celebrated 18 years sober on the 23rd.
    I would rather be home safe and away from the drunks. I'm so happy that my kids aren't big partiers. They prefer to stay home on New Years Eve too.

I'm worried about how Kaylee (my rescue dog) is going to handle the noises that will come at midnight. There are some people on the next property who like to light a lot of firecrackers and those M 80 things. She was terrified on July 4th.
    I think I'll put her in the laundry room this time. Its in the middle of the house and is the only room without windows. Hopefully that will help her stay calm. Poor baby, she was abused so badly that loud noises and sudden movements towards her terrify her.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Ellen, you always have the best menus. Love, love, love tapas! How DO you keep that girlish figure of yours?
    LOL! I wouldn't call it "girlish"…
    Anyway, c'mon over!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Hi. I haven't posted here in this thread in a while...

*checks posting history*

I guess four days is a while for me.

Well, I might have to leave the country in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I would rather be home safe and away from the drunks. I'm so happy that my kids aren't big partiers. They prefer to stay home on New Years Eve too.

I'm worried about how Kaylee (my rescue dog) is going to handle the noises that will come at midnight. There are some people on the next property who like to light a lot of firecrackers and those M 80 things. She was terrified on July 4th.
    I think I'll put her in the laundry room this time. Its in the middle of the house and is the only room without windows. Hopefully that will help her stay calm. Poor baby, she was abused so badly that loud noises and sudden movements towards her terrify her.
    Put her in the laundry room and turn on the radio, fairly loud. It will help disguise the noise.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    LOL! I wouldn't call it "girlish"
    Anyway, c'mon over!
    I'm under Doctor's orders to gain at least 20 pounds so I'm coming too! Lol. Seriously though, your dishes sound really good. You cook some of my favorite things.
    Ellen likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

I'm under Doctor's orders to gain at least 20 pounds so I'm coming too! Lol. Seriously though, your dishes sound really good. You cook some of my favorite things.
    NorwIndian, I've got at least 20 to spare that I could gladly give ya.
    Photobabe likes this.

Congrats! I will have 11 years in February! I'm sorry about your doggy - mine don't like the fireworks either. But it could be worse - you live in the suburbs of Detroit like me, where every year the police tell people not to shoot off guns at midnight and every year, no one listens. Sad really - because it is always followed by the inevitable tales of the people who got shot accidentally because some dummies don't realize that the bullets have to come down somewhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Hi. I haven't posted here in this thread in a while...

*checks posting history*

I guess four days is a while for me.

Well, I might have to leave the country in a while.

??? Okay, I'll bite. I'm a little dense. What does your post mean? I haven't posted in quite a while either, but have been so busy with Christmas preparations and then celebrations. I hope you had a nice Christmas, JohnnyK.

+ Reply to Thread