+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6258Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I'm embarrassed to say that I've washed a credit card more than once. Mine still worked.
    AZChristian likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm so relieved it was in the pocket. I thought I'd lost it, and I'm normally EXTREMELY careful with it. I just hope I don't have to replace it now.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I'm so relieved it was in the pocket. I thought I'd lost it, and I'm normally EXTREMELY careful with it. I just hope I don't have to replace it now.
    If you used it at Target from Thanksgiving to Dec. 15, you probably should replace it!

Kip

I just got a call from my husband's cousin in MN that her 27 year old, perfectly healthy daughter died from the flu. I've never met them (neither has my husband), but I've corresponded with her for years. The daughter had gone to the hospital, was there for a day or two and was released, seemed to be doing fine at home for several days, then said she needed to go back to the hospital. The daughter's husband went outside to get the car ready, when he came back in his wife was nonresponsive, and he called 911. Just a reminder to everyone that the flu is not "just the flu" -- if you have trouble breathing, seek prompt treatment.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh, how very sad, Kip. My condolences.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    If you used it at Target from Thanksgiving to Dec. 15, you probably should replace it!
    Thankfully, that is NOT the case. I used the card at COS today, and it seemed to work fine. :-)

That's so sad. I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm getting nervous about my trip. We leave early on January 8th and will be home on the 16th. In the past I would go out and explore the cities we were in but I'm more limited this time. We're staying an extra day so we can do some sightseeing. I'm looking forward to it but I'm a little nervous about it too.
    Oh well. In any case, it will be nice to get away and I know Kaylee will have fun. She loves riding in the big truck. She likes looking out the window and barking at all the dogs down in the cars.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Kip

The whole credit card info theft at Target has me nervous. I'm thinking about putting a couple hundred dollars on a prepaid refillable Visa card and using that to make most purchases. I'd lose rebates that way though.

We've had our credit card stolen twice. Once we had a bonded housecleaning service in. One of the cleaners stole one of our credit cards and used it that same day - he was attempting to make big purchases, so the credit card co. called right away. (And he stole the kitchen mop I loved and left his inferior one!)

Another time, I got a call from Alaska Airlines asking if we were trying to purchase tickets to Texas. I said no. The AA rep said the transaction was flagged because someone was attempting to purchase the tickets multiple times and it wasn't going through. She gave me the last four digits of the credit card #. I called the credit card company, and told them someone was trying to purchase fradulently, but that card was in my husband's name only, and they wouldn't do anything about it. At the time, my husband didn't have a cell phone and wasn't anywhere he could be reached. By the time he got home and called the CC company, the transaction had gone through. I called Alaska Airlines back and the people were already on the flight to Houston, but the plane had a stop in Phoenix, and they were pulled off the plane there. Then I had a 3-month battle with the CC company to take the charge off the bill. The head of security was on my side and said the reps should have put a temporary hold on the account. We had the card in our possession, so who knows if it was a restaurant server or someone else who got our card #.

That reminds me...another time someone stole some of those credit card company checks out of our mailbox (after that we got a locking mailbox). We found out because someone wrote a check to Safeway for $100+, and the idiot signed his own name on the check and wrote his address underneath.

Kip

NorwIndian, I'm sure you'll do fine. You've been housebound so long, I imagine it will be a real treat to get out and have a change of scenery.
    NorwIndian likes this.

Thanks Kip. I can't wait to get out of here for a while. Usually if I go with him, we either sleep in the truck or get a cheaper motel. This time we've splurged a little on a couple of dog friendly hotels in the 2 cities we'll be staying in. They both have a lot of things to do inside the hotels so I'm sure I'll be able to find stuff to keep me busy.
    He's trying to get us a couple of extra days so we can stop in Oregon on the way home to see my cousins.
    famita likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

+ Reply to Thread