+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Oh, I love warm Christmas. That's part of why I moved here half my lifetime ago.
    Today has been the best ever at 80. We spent the morning in Coronado, walking on the beach and enjoying the Hotel del's Xmas decorations. No ice. No snow. No driving hassles. No extra layers of clothes. (I know -- lots of people live for that stuff. I couldn't wait to get away from that stuff.)
    Came home and opened all the windows in our apartment. We're getting ready to put the chicken in the oven. Life is grand!
    Cootie and Miss Scarlet like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Merry Christmas everyone!
    It was 5 degrees this morning when I looked at the thermometer. (where did you find the degree sign on the keyboard, Ellen?)
    I envy you your nice weather. White Christmas & snow & cold do nothing for me.
    I went for the Christmas Breakfast & gift openings this morning.
    I'll be leaving for Christmas Dinner in a few minutes.
    So far, it's been great.
    I've come to the conclusion that getting gifts is great, but giving them & shopping for them is better.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    It was 5 degrees this morning when I looked at the thermometer. (where did you find the degree sign on the keyboard, Ellen?)
    On an iPad, I just press and hold the "zero" (0) key. On my laptop (MacBook Air), it's Option+0.

I don't have an iPad. The first idea has me with 00000000000000. My keyboard has no "Option" key. I tried "control" + 0 & just shrunk my font on the whole internet. Help! How do I put it back?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I don't have an iPad. The first idea has me with 00000000000000. My keyboard has no "Option" key. I tried "control" + 0 & just shrunk my font on the whole internet. Help! How do I put it back?
    No clue. (I don't do Windows unless I absolutely have to.)
    But as regards the degree symbol, I did a quick search and came up with this:
    "...On PCs - hold down the Alt key and on the numeric keypad on the right of the keyboard, type 0176, or Alt+ 248 When you release the Alt Key, a should be there."

Maybe this site has a solution to the "shrinkage" problem: Keyboard shortcuts - Microsoft Windows Help

Control and the + sign will increase the font. Control and the - sign will decrease the font.

Merry Christmas to all from sunny SoCal. I had a warm surprise this morning. A neighbor and friend came by the apt with a piece of pumpkin pie and a present. I haven't received a present in years and years...I didn't know what to say other than thank you and feel guilty that I didn't think to get them something. They are lovely and warm people and we are there if either of us needs help. As you age, help is more welcome than not. The pie was yummy and so were the sweet Christmas movies on ION network. A nice day.
    Ellen, Lizard, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I use the asterisk (*). Close enough.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Or if you have the magnifying glass icon on the bottom right corner of the window, make sure it's at 100% to put it back to normal.

This zombie garden gnome was my most unusual gift (from my brother). Can anyone top this?
    ok.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 12-26-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, I think your garden plants will be safe from squirrels and rabbits next season. lol I love it!

I was so tired from waking up at 4:00 a.m. on Christmas day, that I fell asleep early last night and slept until 10:00 this morning! I don't think I've done that in ten years! OMG, it felt good though.

I was sort of planning on catching the sales at Belk that started at 6:00 a.m. today, but I ignored my alarm. I may venture out to the sales later today. I got some bath products, sweaters, vest, pants, jacket, coffees, and some cash for Christmas. I think I'm going to buy me some boots. I've wanted some new ones for awhile and it's the kind of thing that I have to try on. I hope they'll be on sale.

+ Reply to Thread