+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5846Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Merry Christmas to you all!! I just got home from an overnight pet sitting visit (nothing like spending Christmas Eve and morning with a Weimaraner !) It's back out at noon for more pet sitting, then a mid day Christmas dinner with daughter and her family, then more pet sitting! We won't do our big family Christmas 'till next week when the gang from Georgia arrives. What ever you are doing today, I wish you joy!
    Lizard, Cootie, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Merry Christmas everyone!

We're having a quiet early morning at home, then headed off to church for a service of Christmas carols at 9:30. After that, we'll drive 40 miles through bright, warm sunshine to our daughter's house.

We've both already gotten our gifts from each other, so no surprises to open. I'll be opening a gift bag with the empty box from my new Kindle Fire HD, and he'll open a bag with the new Norelco shaver he picked out last week. When we get to our daughter's house, we'll see what gift cards we're getting from them, and give them their gift cards. Christmas is sure different when you're old!

I have an idea for next year to make it more fun than just giving gift cards . . . we'll see how it works out.

Blessings on each of you, my virtual friends!

AZChristian
    cablejockey, Lizard and Debb70 like this.

Warmest greetings for a happy Christmas day!

994403_10201950029285072_767215638_n.jpg
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is just something wrong with it being too warm at Christmas! If we're not going to have any Christmas snow....not a blizzard.... it should at least be cold out!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It was 82 degrees only three days ago - now it's 31. I would love to get some snow on Christmas, but it's only ever happened once here.

Merry Christmas to everyone on FORT! I hope you're all having a lovely day, however you decide to spend it.
    cablejockey, Lizard and Debb70 like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

animated-christmas-tree.gif

Company is coming at 2. Fresh ham is in the oven and all the appys are ready to go. Hope all who celebrate will have a wonderful Christmas!
    Lizard and Debb70 like this.

I love any Christmas, whether it is in the tropics and we go to the beach, or is snowing outside in the Northwest with Douglas Fir trees all around me. It all feels right. I even had Christmas alone one time when I lived in Hawaii and it was nice, too! I used to make more gifts in those days, so it was fun to anticipate people like my mom getting my gifts more than anything. It brought out my creative side and she liked it, too! I've got a few surprises in store for my family today which will be fun. We are just getting started with the day here. Everyone slept in since we don't have any little kids around at this point. Our adult Christmas is very different than those of my younger days of staying up late and getting up early on this fine day. Have a wonderful day, everyone!
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.

My Christmas is already over... once the kids open presents with me, they drive to their dad's and then on home. We had a great time. Lots of laughs and appreciation for thoughtful gifts. Good food, family time, and now back to "normal" for me and the cats. I'm going to watch some shows I missed on hulu while I clean up the wrapping paper. My mom grew up during the depression, so salvaging reusable paper is a tradition that goes back to before I was born. I have to admit you get a lot more variety of patterns under the tree than you would with just a couple of store-bought rolls.
    cablejockey, Cootie and Debb70 like this.
    Count your blessings!

My dad unwraps gifts by carefully working at the tape so nothing tears, then sets the folded paper aside to be reused. It is a slow process with commentary all along - building up suspense like a showman. As kids we would be screaming to please just open it!
    I read somewhere that the mess made on Christmas morning is to be cherished - so you shouldn't clear it away too soon. I tried that today, and it was kind of nice.
    Wishing you all a warm and merry Christmas.
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.
    remember to play

I am going to spend with some of my family of chance ...

but wishes for Merry, Merriest ... and Happy, Happiest ... with hugs for my FORT Family of Choice.
    Ellen, cablejockey, Cootie and 2 others like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread