+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5921Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Echo!! Yay! I've been wondering where you were. Merry Christmas! I missed you.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

merry christmas to all my fort friends!!
    Ellen, shyra, Gutmutter and 4 others like this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Merry Christmas!!
    shyra and inthegarden like this.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We now do Ukrainian on the 24th and the Turkey, ham etc on Christmas day. But then my MIL insists on celebrating the real Ukrainian Christmas..its all a bit much for me. I don't get excited and frankly I long for it to be just me and hubby and the dogs( and movies) that's what I like..
    Fanny, what do you mean by the real Ukrainian Christmas? Is it not Dec 25th? I know the Greek Orthodox celebrate Easter on a different day than the rest of the Christian denominations but isn't Christmas always on 12/25?

When I was a child we were together with all of the maternal aunts, uncles, and cousins and celebrated with the traditional Christmas Eve 7 Fishes feast. Now they are all gone and I go to my husband's sister's house. It's a hodgepodge of loads of delicious dishes, of course including at least one pasta dish. Our nod to the 7 Fishes is the jumbo shrimp tray my father-in-law prepares as well as the marinated octopus that hubby and both of my brothers-in-law go crazy for. I don't like anything pickled, so that's a nay for me.

I'm hosting Christmas Day for my side of the family. We're having an antipasto first of salami, pepperoni, artichoke hearts, pickled mushrooms , sweet red peppers, olives,provolone, and assorted cheeses. I'm serving mini rice balls, mozzarella bites, and a puff pastry of brie cheese that I picked up at Trader Joes. Next course is manicotti. Main course will be a fresh ham studded with garlic cloves, oven roasted white and sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, apple sauce and crescent rolls. Next we serve fruit, mixed nuts, fennel, and figs. Dessert will be pastries from the bakery, coconut custard pie, and the cookies I baked over the weekend.

My diet coach just called and asked if I was all set for the holidays and what was my plan to avoid temptation. Well, temptation is all around me and if I haven't caved by now, I don't think I will over the holidays. Yes, I am going to miss my egg nog and Aunt Jan's cheesecake, but what can you do?

Happy to report that as of this week I have lost 90 lbs!!!!

So I'm going to Ellen's for Christmas Eve dinner and then going to see Eastcoastmom for Christmas day dinner.
    That sounds so good.
    Ellen, shyra and Eastcoastmom like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

ECM, no its January Christmas in Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your baked goods look so wonderful, how did you resist eating them

My diet coach just called and asked if I was all set for the holidays and what was my plan to avoid temptation. Well, temptation is all around me and if I haven't caved by now, I don't think I will over the holidays. Yes, I am going to miss my egg nog and Aunt Jan's cheesecake, but what can you do?

Happy to report that as of this week I have lost 90 lbs!!!!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm listening to the radio where Ryan Secrest is talking to Justin Bieber on the phone. It pisses me off.

Had a wonderful pre-Christmas Christmas with my pilot daughter yesterday. Today we will intersect with her brother who is arriving as she is departing, then youngest (chef) daughter will arrive Christmas morning. Her older sister will stay with her Christmas eve to be near the airport for an early Christmas flight out. So everyone gets to see everyone... just not all at the same time. I may have to take multiple pictures near the tree and photo shop us all together.
    Ellen and cablejockey like this.
    Count your blessings!

I haven't been here in forever, but if any of the fogeys here have my cinnamon roll recipe, I would love to have it...I have lost it and it was really the only one I ever found that I like! The just recipe thread has been trimmed to way after the date it was posted, or else I just can't locate it! Please PM so I'll get an email notification....by the way, been super busy with school, will grad in May..about to intern at a local university. Maybe can go back to having some leisure online time after I finish!
    inthegarden likes this.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I'm listening to the radio where Ryan Secrest is talking to Justin Bieber on the phone. It pisses me off.
    Turn the channel.
    Ellen, Lil Bit and JohnnyK like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread