+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5782Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2186484;
    I'm the early riser in our family (always, not just christmas)
    when I was about 10, I woke up at 3 am on christmas and noone else would wake up wih me -
    so I unwrapped all my presents, put on all my gift clotes, climbed in a big cushy chair with my toys and went to sleep. And there they found me when they finally woke up. buggers.

I should scan that picture in. Yellow party dress, red tights, white anklets, maryjanes --- I was ready.
    I love the mental picture I have in my head schmoo2...if you do find the picture, I'd love to see it!

I can remember my brother and I waking up one Christmas at around 3 or so and we went to wake up our parents first before we went to see what Santa brought us and our parents making us go back to bed because Santa hadn't been there yet...come to find out later my parents hadn't been in bed 30 minutes trying to get our Christmas presents ready!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I had tamales for breakfast. There. And i don't usually eat breakfast.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2186480;
    My daughter informed me not to wake her up before 10 tomorrow. Ha! And again I say... Ha!
    I tell my mom that everyday she has off for vacation from her work.... and her response is about the same as yours lol.

And tomorrow, I get to drive over the river and through the woods to go to my grandma's house! And play in the snow.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

We were "discussing" what time to get up this morning during dinner last night and my son came up with the great idea of asking each person what their ideal time would be and then averaging the times. So we're waking up whoever is still asleep at 8:30.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2186404;
    My prime rib is in the oven and the smell is killing me. We are having a family dinner today at 1 pm at my brother's house. I'm looking forward to tomorrow even more, we rented a pile of movies and it will be just my son, husband and me hanging out together.
    MB save your bones. Prime rib bones make the most delicious beef vegetable soup you will ever have. I always look forward to when we have prime rib as I snag the bones up and hide them in the fridge so I can make soup out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    My daughter informed me not to wake her up before 10 tomorrow. Ha! And again I say... Ha!
    Gutmutter: I join you in the HA! But the joke may be on me. Here I sit, pitifully alone at 8 am on Christmas morning while the rest of my family sleeps.
    We got home from chuch at 12:30 this morning and it was 1:30 before I got in bed to have the daughter wake me up at 2:30 as her stomach hurt. So God only knows when she will get up now. ANd I woke up at 6:45. I swear it doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, I can't sleep past a certain time. I'll be so wired on coffee by the time they get up!

Merry Christmas all, at least I have the FORT to read until the lazybones get out of bed. Don't they know there are presents waiting?????

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2186445;
    My "Christmas baby" (Dec. 23,1984),
    Good Tidings, All!
    My niece is a Dec. 23 baby and her husband's birthday is Dec. 26 and her sons, Dec 3. I called her on Sat. to wish her happy Bday.
    Our family has really tried to separate her birthday and Christmas. No duel gifts. No Christmas wrap on biirthday presents and one room of their house was always CHRISTMAS free (usually the dining area) so that they could do her birthday without Christmas around.

They also used to do half year birthday parties as its hard to have a birthday party with your friends 2 days before Christmas. But she's grown now and it isn't such a big thing anymoe.
    Last edited by MRD; 12-25-2006 at 08:09 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm right here with you MRD. All of the family stayed up late and the kids woke up during the night and went through their stockings. Now I'm awake and ready to celebrate and everyone else is still sleeping.

When I was a kid I would have been awake most of the night and would have woke the parents at least three times to see if it was time to get up (and show them what Santa brought). My kids have never been ones to get up early for Christmas. I don't get it.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2186764;
    I'm right here with you MRD. All of the family stayed up late and the kids woke up during the night and went through their stockings. Now I'm awake and ready to celebrate and everyone else is still sleeping.

When I was a kid I would have been awake most of the night and would have woke the parents at least three times to see if it was time to get up (and show them what Santa brought). My kids have never been ones to get up early for Christmas. I don't get it.

When my daughter was smaller, we were always up by 6 (presents opened before it got light outside!), now she's a teenager and even Christmas isn't getting her up.
    I am getting really wired on coffee. I will be the deranged mom, doing Christmas in fast forward if they don't get up soon.

I heard something last night that has me laughing hysterically.

I'm 2 milies past hysteria and driving up on Beserk. Yep, that would be me some days!

OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!! Someone in this damn house better get up besides me and the dogs. I am over it already. It's raining out, so it still looks like its the butt crack of dawn and I'm sure that's why they are still sleeping. They wake up, crack an eye open, see its barely light and go back to sleep. I've even been in our bedroom and bathroom being extra noisy and it has NOT worked.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2186766;
    I've even been in our bedroom and bathroom being extra noisy and it has NOT worked.
    I've tried the same thing. I even ground coffee beans with my noisy grinder. No luck. Then I decided I better wash clothes so I went in both of my sons rooms looking for dirty clothes. Still no luck! My daughter woke up long enough to give me a hug and say Merry Christmas then fell back to sleep.

MRD
    WAking my daughter is like waking a bear from hibernation, so am not sure I want to do that even on Christmas.

I went outside (rainy, wet, cold) and had a smoke and have decided that I'm breaking out the champagne and making a mimosa. I hate to drink alone, but someone has to do it.

CantGetenuf, care to join me in a Christmas toast???

Now watch, they will wake up and I will be wired on coffee and drunk on champagne. Now won't THAT be a festive Christmas!

well, I whined about being awake alone for several hours in the pet peeve thread. Guess I should have come here first.

+ Reply to Thread