+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5671Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Today is the most gorgeous day we have had in a very long time. The sun is shining, the snow is melting and I have windows open and the heat turned OFF! I spent the morning wrapping gifts, sending e-cards, and finally decorating my front door. It's supposed to get cold again early next week, but right now I'm lovin' it!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    It's raining here too, nennie. Been raining since early this morning and very mild temps. Could reach into the 50's today.
    It's raining and ice is all over the trees. Thank God the roads aren't iced over. We are supposed to warm up though so it should melt.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm in the 60s today, rainy. I am expecting the upper 30s on Monday, my son's birthday. Got him that I Never Cooked Before Cookbook! Now, he can have the how-to-boil-an-egg instructions right at his fingertips! And to think that this child, at one time, used to say that he wanted to be a chef!
    I keep encouraging him to revisit that idea!

IMHO, all colleges should offer professional culinary training, with at least a bachelor's degree at the end of the road.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It got up to around 72 in Raleigh, NC today. So warm..........it's not like Christmas, but it's supposed to get cold on Christmans Day, so I that's good.

I finished up gift shopping for my mom. She just wasn't able to do it anymore. I got in the stores around 8:00 a.m. and there was no one there. Very quiet. I loved it. I had everything done in a couple of hours and out there before the crowds hit.

I just have grocery shopping left to do. I hope to make it to the store when they open so I can beat the crowds. Shopping takes a lot of the fun out of the holidays for me. I just can't stand the crowds. But I have been able to do my whole holidays without once going to Walmart. I call that a win.
    captain likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I have found that getting into the stores early in the morning is the key. If they open at 8:00, I'm there. It's pretty empty and no lines. I can get what I want, get price checks without waiting and get out. Even Walmart is empty early in the morning. lol

I found that The Dollar Tree has much better deals on some things than Walmart. Bows, money holders, gift bags, etc. It's so much less expensive than the same thing at Walmart.

I"m all done except I need one more gift bag. That's it. So happy. I'm getting groceries on Monday and then it's just celebration. OH, except for a work project that my client didn't get the documentation for me to work on it, until yesterday. I think I'll do that the day after Christmas though. lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am like a kid at Christmas this evening!!! The Wizard of Oz is coming on!!!! Anyone who wants to share a glass of wine with me and my BFF is welcome to come on over!!
    captain likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I know I can be a really angry person, over things which I have no control over... I've gone through a lot of stuff in my life that maybe turned me out to be this way. I've been depressed for a really long time, and things do piss me off more easily than maybe they should. As I said before, I clearly have issues accepting opinions that completely differ from mine, and I do tend to then judge a certain group of people. Fortunately I'm not like this all the time. Today, however, I am feeling really restless so far.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 12-21-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm better now.

Someone push me out the door. The weather is yucky and I don't want to grocery shop. Plus the weather is playing havoc with my sinuses. The only thing that is partially motivating me is I need to get to Michaels to pick up some wicks for the candles I'm going to make. I'm excited about the candle making so I guess it will motivate me to go to the store.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

+ Reply to Thread