+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Thank you guys so much! I'm sure they will appreciate it, as do I.

My son didn't appreciate his family before he left. He loved us, but I don't think he really understood how much HE is loved. Until he watched these other young adults being forgotten about. He even said so in a letter he wrote me. I can't believe how quickly he is maturing. I'm so freaking proud of him.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I have a request. My son is at Naval bootcamp right now, and while he gets a lot of mail, there are several guys in his division who haven't received any from their families and friends I feel awful for them. Woukd any of you be willing to send a card or note for Christmas to these guys? The address is:

DIVISION 064
    SHIP 03, USS HOPPER, DIV 064
    3600 OHIO STREET
    GREAT LAKES, IL 60088
    I'm bumping the address in case anyone is late to the party and wants to join in.
    inthegarden and JavaJo like this.
    Count your blessings!

REF the address for the soldiers in bootcamp. I'm still not sure who's name to put on the card. Do we just leave it blank? Please advise, because I want to send mine out today.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REF the address for the soldiers in bootcamp. I'm still not sure who's name to put on the card. Do we just leave it blank? Please advise, because I want to send mine out today.
    Yes, just print the address as I typed it. It will go to my son's unit and he will let the ones with nobody know that it's for them.
    PGM35 and Debb70 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

Yes, just print the address as I typed it. It will go to my son's unit and he will let the ones with nobody know that it's for them.
    I am sending about 5 or so letters with a Holiday greeting for them!
    Kip and JavaJo like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I sent two cards with notes. They were the first cards I've sent out - I'm going to try to write the few I send to friends and family tonight.
    JavaJo likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I posted the address on my Facebook page and got a good response. Several folks will be sending out cards/notes so hopefully there will soon be a blizzard of cards/notes coming their way.
    PGM35 and JavaJo like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is with this 65 degrees today?? Weather drama.

Mr. Sweetie, lovingly, sent me chocolate covered strawberries yesterday! Must have been a special on.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-19-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I posted the address on my Facebook page and got a good response. Several folks will be sending out cards/notes so hopefully there will soon be a blizzard of cards/notes coming their way.
    That's awesome, ECM! Thank you!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Most of us are good people here. Glad to know so many people are offering to do this for those guys.
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread