+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6547Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    For many years I was in a small group of employees who would sing Christmas carols in our company's buildings during lunch hours in December. I began to accumulate a LOT of Christmas shirts and sweaters. None I would classify as ugly, but lots were silly. We no longer sing, but I pull down the plastic bin the day after Thanksgiving, and can wear a different Christmas shirt every day between T'giving and Christmas.

This year, MRChristian has joined the fun. I bought us plain red long-sleeved pullover shirts at Hobby Lobby. Then I got iron-on letters. His says, "NICE" . . . mine, or course, says "NAUGHTY" . . . people always smile when they see us, and we frequently get comments. Santas usually tell him, "I'll see YOU on the 25th." They look at me and say, "Not Again!"

BTW, if you're going to be flying over the holidays, be careful when going through the TSA checkpoint while wearing a shirt that screams "NAUGHTY." TSA agents will look at you twice. ;-)
    I LOVE this! I want to steal this idea for my hubby and me.
    cablejockey and AZChristian like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Today's my sister's birthday. So for one month, we'll be the same age.

I sent her a gift card for Chili's so she and her husband can go out to eat at one of their favorite restaurants and have a good time.
    Kip, Lizard, Cootie and 2 others like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I wish UPS would develop something like the NORAD Santa tracker for their trucks. My order is out for delivery, but I would like to have an idea when it will show up.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

My meds ran out yet I'm not feeling good enough to go pick the new ones up. I guess I gotta force myself. :angry

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I got it. But I'm still pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REF. People wearing sleeveless tops in winter. I AGREE! It annoys me to no end. I first noticed it on tv with Elisabeth on The View and Kelly Rippa when she was with Regis. I made a point to notice when they wore their sleeveless tops and it was usually on the coldest days of the year. In the summer time, you may seem them in long sleeve or even in sweaters, but NOT in the winter time. It's crazy to me.
    They work under studio lights and I've heard they can get pretty warm.

I'm in the throws of menopause right now and it's miserable. I'm usually always cold, but this winter, I find myself layering (tank top, t-shirt, sweatshirt) and just stripping when a hot flash hits me.
    Ellen and captain like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnĺt hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Hot flashes are the pits. Thank goodness I am through them. When they hit you can't get the extra layers off fast enough. I just think the clothing trend has went to where you wear what you want in any season you want.
    Ellen likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    They work under studio lights and I've heard they can get pretty warm.

I'm in the throws of menopause right now and it's miserable. I'm usually always cold, but this winter, I find myself layering (tank top, t-shirt, sweatshirt) and just stripping when a hot flash hits me.
    I used to be always cold, too, and I na´vely thought that hot-flash time would be great, because they would balance out the cold, and I'd feel normal.
    WRONG!

My hot flashes usually hit between 3:00 and 3:30AM. Interrupted sleep is no fun (hard to get back to sleepů) -- and I try to be gentle with throwing off the covers so I don't wake up my very patient hubby. But it's less embarrassing than getting a hot flash while in the middle of a tutoring session with a little kid. Yeah, no clue how to explain that.

With my high school girl tutees, no problem -- we laugh about it.

Luckily, the daytime flashes are rare.
    JavaJo likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When I used to have hot flashes (NOT the "good old days"), I worked for the electric company. I just called them "power surges" and kept on working. LOL.
    Kip likes this.

I guess they do end. I use to ask people if the hot flashes ever stopped. And the answer I would find on line was not really.

But I got them heavily in peri-menopause especially at night (about 44) they increased during the stressful period where my husband was courting me the flashes occurring day and night (practically nauseated me every time I got a flash) and now they are almost no where in site at 48.5 (3 years into menopause and dropped the husband with his stress).
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread