+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4487Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, what makes a Christmas sweater ugly, exactly?

My dad loves those sweatshirts that have a funny saying. He was very fond of his "Bah humbug" sweatshirt with the photo of Homer Simpson.

One year hubby bought me a red sweater with scalloped hem that had a Christmas tree on it. On the tree were little bows and little silver beads for balls. There wasn't any glitter. I loved that sweater and wore it proudly. Maybe some thought it ugly b/c I had one b.i.l. who would poke fun every year. I paid him no mind.

So, I decided to add to my collection. I have another red one that has a snowflake/diamond pattern on the front with gold thread. Then, I bought another sweater which is black and has a giant Christmas bow on it and the bow has shiny metallic spangles on it. I think these sweaters are very festive and don't give a fig who thinks they are funny, ugly or what not.

Alas, I can no longer wear my beloved sweaters. I have shed 88 pounds and they are hanging off of me. I'd be happy to donate as I have given away bags of clothing but I may keep my original red, Christmas tree sweater as a keepsake.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Have you ever worn/owned an ugly Christmas sweater or sweatshirt? I never remember having or wearing one. I do think they are hilarious!
    I made one!! I'm adding to it for a party this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    prhoshay likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love that they have ugly Christmas sweater contests! Tis the season! Ho! Ho! Ho!

I love the spirit and the sense of humor they impart. The more garish and gaudy.....the better!!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    REF. People wearing sleeveless tops in winter. I AGREE! It annoys me to no end. I first noticed it on tv with Elisabeth on The View and Kelly Rippa when she was with Regis. I made a point to notice when they wore their sleeveless tops and it was usually on the coldest days of the year. In the summer time, you may seem them in long sleeve or even in sweaters, but NOT in the winter time. It's crazy to me.

Now, it's quite common to see lots of sleeveless ladies' clothes year round in the stores. I don't get it. If it's about temperature, just wear a short sleeve shirt that's thin, but I think it's just a fade. I try to ignore it.

In NC it is usually pretty warm, though it does snow at times. However, most days it's near 40 degrees in the winter and sometimes near 80 like last week. Many younger people wear shorts year round, even if it's with a sweatshirt. That doesn't bother me so much though. Most people do NOT wear sleeveless tops in the winter time. I mostly see it on tv.
    Why does it matter what other people choose to wear?
    Lil Bit, pikachu and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What does it matter that she is bothered by it? We all have our quirks!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I have a problem with traits, beliefs, and personalities. Not appearances or how people dress.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Have you ever worn/owned an ugly Christmas sweater or sweatshirt? I never remember having or wearing one. I do think they are hilarious!
    A long time ago when Santa gave 'em to the whole family. Yikes. Hilarious, though.
    I saw a really funny one on the news this morning. It had a big fireplace/mantle scene and a window pocket in the fireplace where you can put your iPhone with an app that plays an animated fire (kinda like that yule log thing on TV).

Here's a link to it: Knit Crackling Fireplace Ugly Christmas Sweater
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Seeing the bare arms on tv sitting in front of cold windows just made me feel cold. I have not noticed anyone doing it lately.

I have not been to the mall in forever. I went to look for a couple of Christmas ornaments to give as thank you gifts....too expensive still. My favorite day for shopping is going to be the day after Christmas....75% off all the Christmas stuff.

They have a Sephora now at the mall. OMG We are almost as fancy as the rest of the world now.
    Debb70 likes this.
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Why does it matter what other people choose to wear?
    I don't understand that either. I hate it when people tell me to put on a jacket or shake their heads and cluck their tongues at a girl wearing a skirt at wintertime. If it's not on you and not causing you to be cold, why does it matter? Obviously if the person wearing it was cold, they'd know enough to put on a jacket or change into something warmer without being told.

I also hate it when I'm reading at the office or at a friend's home and someone will come in and turn on a light near me. Excuse me, I know how to turn on a light, or how to ask for help if I want a light turned on and don't know how to do it. I obviously could see just fine before you turned on the light.

Not everybody wants to be mothered, particularly by strangers.
    Ellen and Lil Bit like this.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

For many years I was in a small group of employees who would sing Christmas carols in our company's buildings during lunch hours in December. I began to accumulate a LOT of Christmas shirts and sweaters. None I would classify as ugly, but lots were silly. We no longer sing, but I pull down the plastic bin the day after Thanksgiving, and can wear a different Christmas shirt every day between T'giving and Christmas.

This year, MRChristian has joined the fun. I bought us plain red long-sleeved pullover shirts at Hobby Lobby. Then I got iron-on letters. His says, "NICE" . . . mine, or course, says "NAUGHTY" . . . people always smile when they see us, and we frequently get comments. Santas usually tell him, "I'll see YOU on the 25th." They look at me and say, "Not Again!"

BTW, if you're going to be flying over the holidays, be careful when going through the TSA checkpoint while wearing a shirt that screams "NAUGHTY." TSA agents will look at you twice. ;-)
    Ellen, waywyrd, pikachu and 1 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread