+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5868Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

I wish I could have seen his face
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2185982;
    My Aunt Boo who looks like the stereotypical little old lady with white hair that knits, looks over and yells to him: "F You". Except she said the whole word.
    Good for her! That jackarse deserved it! I hate rude people. Even though I'm annoyed by the way some elderly folks drive, I always cut them a break because they are older--and that'll be me in a few decades!

MRD
    IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm not 5 years old, but I feel like it today. I am so excited! I just LOVE Christmas and Christmas Eve.

I woke up feeling much better today. We are going to church this morning and then tonight. Dinner with friends in between. And I have a few odds and ends to finish up.

But I'm ready for the Big Guy tonight. I'm hoping he shoves a new sofa for the living room down my chimney and jobs for both me and my husband. Oh yeah and a National Title for Florida. No, I don't want much!

And if you think I'm this excited this morning, tomorrow I will wake up at 4. The teenager has already informed me she intends to sleep late tomorrow. Ha! that's what she thinks.

So is everyone else ready?????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

This is always a fun day.
    We are heading out to Christmas Eve breakfast. No plans today - just hanging around waiting for our small family to wander in.

Premium Member
    My prime rib is in the oven and the smell is killing me. We are having a family dinner today at 1 pm at my brother's house. I'm looking forward to tomorrow even more, we rented a pile of movies and it will be just my son, husband and me hanging out together.

We go to church this morning, then home for lunch. Then we head to meet up with our Boy Scout Troop to deliver food and presents for nine families that could use a little help this year. Then it's home for dinner and back to church for Christmas Eve service. Then we're going to my MIL's to exchange presents with the adults. We give the kids their gifts tomorrow. Have a great day!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    My "Christmas baby" (Dec. 23,1984), has never, never awakened early on Christmas morning........can you believe that??? We always had to start, loudly, rattling around at about 10-11 a.m. to get this kid to wake up because we were so excited. Talk about stealing all of my joy on Christmas day!!!

Good Tidings, All!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2186445;
    My "Christmas baby" (Dec. 23,1984), has never, never awakened early on Christmas morning........can you believe that??? We always had to start, loudly, rattling around at about 10-11 a.m. to get this kid to wake up because we were so excited.
    For real? Not even when he/she was a small child (4 or 5 years old)?!!! That kid has some self restraint!

My daughter informed me not to wake her up before 10 tomorrow. Ha! And again I say... Ha!
    Count your blessings!

I'm the early riser in our family (always, not just christmas)
    when I was about 10, I woke up at 3 am on christmas and noone else would wake up wih me -
    so I unwrapped all my presents, put on all my gift clotes, climbed in a big cushy chair with my toys and went to sleep. And there they found me when they finally woke up. buggers.

I should scan that picture in. Yellow party dress, red tights, white anklets, maryjanes --- I was ready.

+ Reply to Thread