+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I know that there are people on this board probably like this, and I am trying to understand. What is with the people who wear sleeveless outfits in the dead of winter when most people are wrapped up like Eskimos? Why are some people's internal thermostats set so high?? At Angel Tree, I sat next to a woman, in a cold gym that they even called their warehouse (usually no heat), who wore t-shirts and shorts the majority of the time....and it was Oct/Nov....on a rare day, she would wear jeans. I was bundled up in a tank-top, turtleneck, heavyweight denim jacket, and knee socks. Most people were dressed more like I was. Just looking at a lot of the women on television right now just freezes me!!! So many of them go sleeveless!
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I know that there are people on this board probably like this, and I am trying to understand. What is with the people who wear sleeveless outfits in the dead of winter when most people are wrapped up like Eskimos? Why are some people's internal thermostats set so high?? At Angel Tree, I sat next to a woman, in a cold gym that they even called their warehouse (usually no heat), who wore t-shirts and shorts the majority of the time....and it was Oct/Nov....on a rare day, she would wear jeans. I was bundled up in a tank-top, turtleneck, heavyweight denim jacket, and knee socks. Most people were dressed more like I was. Just looking at a lot of the women on television right now just freezes me!!! So many of them go sleeveless!
    My SIL was like that. She has the air conditioner on in the car in winter. I learned to bundle up when I went to her house or in a car with her.

It seemed that around the time my oldest son was in middle school (he's 36 now), boys started wearing shorts and flip flops all year round. My son still wears flip flops when it's cold. I don't get it.

I bundle up. Right now I'm wearing a tank top, a cotton turtleneck, a turtleneck sweater, a pair of leggings, a pair of jeans, two pairs of socks, and running shoes. And this is for indoors! (We obviously don't crank up the heat at our house.)

I used to have a UPS delivery guy who wouldn't go to long pants until the temp reached about 6 degrees....other than that, it was strictly shorts! Of course, he had vey hairy legs, too, and I think hair holds heat.

I call myself The American Hairless....a spinoff from The Mexican Hairless dog!

I just found out that the formal name for the Mexican Hairless is Xoloitzcuintle. I'll be patiently waiting for a phonetic pronunciation of that word!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-16-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'll wear sleeveless in a HEATED place b/c here in Texas - when it gets cold - 32degrees - everywhere you go the heat is cranked up high so it's never cold inside!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Constant worrying, stress, and dwelling is what kills. Funny how I can admit that, yet I keep doing it myself....
    Identifying and recognizing a problem is the first step. It's hard to break long ingrained habits like worrying and dwelling on certain issues, but you can do it.

I don't believe in the Law of Attraction stuff. When "The Secret" came out, people were calling into the radio station I listen to talking about it. People were saying crazy stuff like if you need money, just concentrate on it and money will start arriving into your mailbox. Then my MIL and her husband got into it and bought copies of the dvd "The Secret" for everyone. There were a couple of things in it that made me angry. One was that they said if you were ill, it's because that's the vibe you were putting out there, and that's what the universe was sending you. I don't believe that for a second. I've known too many good, active, caring people who have been struck down by awful illnesses. And I don't believe that a loving, happy-go-lucky five year old got cancer because he was putting out that vibe to the universe. i think the other thing that bothered me was just the fact that it tended to make people passive.

I think it's kind of ironic that one of the contributors to "The Secret", James Arthur Ray, is in jail (deservedly so, IMO) - I wonder if he thinks he's there for what he did, or is because that was the request he was sending out to the universe.

I was always cold, until the dreaded...Menopause. Even now I am still hot all the time.
    JavaJo likes this.
    There's no place like home!

I'm one of few that would prefer to be to hot then to be to cold. I disagree with people who say you can put more clothes on and get warm but you can't take off enough to get cool. When I'm cold it sinks into my whole body and infiltrates my bones. There is no amount of clothes that I can put on to get warm. I can chug boiling cocoa while sitting in front of the fireplace and I still won't feel truly warm. Not until spring anyways.
    When I'm to hot all I have to do is find a little shade, drink some ice cold unsweet tea, turn a fan on me, or walk into an air conditioned place and I am instantly cool. I prefer my ice tea sweetend but when I'm super hot and need to cool off for some reason unsweetened tea cools me off instantly.

Editing to add that this does not apply to menopause which I haven't experienced yet. After I gave birth to my twins I experienced some horrendous heat flashes. I am not in any way, shape, or form looking forward to that. When I have to go through it you will find me soaking in an ice bath.
    Last edited by CantGetNuf; 12-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Our middle school kids show up in the single digits with shorts, no coat, strappy sandals and tops. It's ridiculous.
    Count your blessings!

Why is that OK with their parents? When they are out of your house, that's one thing, but when they are still under your control? Geez........

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I don't believe in the Law of Attraction stuff.
    That concept was discussed ad nauseum during the Jodi Arias trial. Her victim, Travis Alexander, introduced her to the Law of Attraction. I wonder what he was thinking that caused him to end up with 27 stab wounds, a slit throat, and a bullet in his head . . . abandoned in a shower and not discovered for days.

Or what was she thinking that encouraged her to do that to him?

Poppycock, IMHO.

+ Reply to Thread