+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7280Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I watched Charlie Brown Christmas with my 3 year old niece this weekend! I thought she was a little too young for it, but she seemed to really enjoy it. What a great time!
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Open note to people who feel like it's fine and dandy for them to whisper or talk throughout a movie in a theater.

It's not. Shut up. If you want to talk about the movie, wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it with your friends at home. If you're talking about something else, you shouldn't even be AT a movie.

Signed,
    Frustrated moviegoer who gave up and left. (Thankfully, the theater customer service folks gave us a free pass to come back and see the movie at another time.)
    Those, and those with yakky and/or screaming, bratty kids. Ugghhh.
    I LOVE one of our local cinemas: it has a "Mommy Mondays" thing where moms with their too-young-to-be-disciplined and/or didn't-bother-to-discipline-'em spawn-of-Satan kids have free reign for a discounted price.

I won't go anywhere near there on a Monday (the nearby restaurants also offer spawn-of-Satan discounts), but on other days when the policies are STRICTLY enforced? Oh yeah they've got my hard-earned.
    Last edited by Ellen; 12-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I sent the theater an e-mail suggesting that when they show the "NTDM" (No Texting During Movie) message before the feature starts, they should add a line that says, "Also . . . NO TALKING!!!"
    Ellen likes this.

That would be great but it does not seem to stop people from texting.
    There's no place like home!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain View Post
    That would be great but it does not seem to stop people from texting.
    Actually, I've only seen one person texting in any of the theaters in this chain, so it seems like that on-screen message works. (He was two rows in front of me, and I tapped him on the shoulder and advised him that he could put it away, take it out in the hallway, or expect to speak to an usher. He put it away.)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Actually, I've only seen one person texting in any of the theaters in this chain, so it seems like that on-screen message works. (He was two rows in front of me, and I tapped him on the shoulder and advised him that he could put it away, take it out in the hallway, or expect to speak to an usher. He put it away.)
    Good for you AZ, we have done the same.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

My father is turning 77 on the 27th, for the record. He's in another country right now. And honestly, I don't care much for him anymore (long history).

By the way I don't drive nor text.

So I started this book.

It says that the Universe is in control. The Law of Attraction is when we receive what we focus on. If we focus on bad, we get bad. If we focus on good, we get things that are better.

What we really want in our lives, the Universe will give us small steps to follow upon.

Like if I say I want a girlfriend, the Universe will then eventually somehow present me an opportunity. It's then up to me whether or not I take it.

Should I believe all this?

Believe the not focusing on bad part. For sure focusing on bad will cause you to be tortured.

In The Secret they have the guy draw a picture of his ideal mate and think about it. Viola she appears. No I do not think that works. I think wanting something so badly makes you blind to the fact that the person is less than ideal.

It is good to have hope. But if the person is very different from you you will not be happy. Best to think about other things that make you happy.
    Kip and JohnnyK like this.
    You can do it!

Constant worrying, stress, and dwelling is what kills. Funny how I can admit that, yet I keep doing it myself.

I have also finally started using a journal. I take notes that may be useful and I shall bring my journal with me places.
    Lizard likes this.

+ Reply to Thread