+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6195Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Open note to people who feel like it's fine and dandy for them to whisper or talk throughout a movie in a theater.

It's not. Shut up. If you want to talk about the movie, wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it with your friends at home. If you're talking about something else, you shouldn't even be AT a movie.

Signed,
    Frustrated moviegoer who gave up and left. (Thankfully, the theater customer service folks gave us a free pass to come back and see the movie at another time.)
    prhoshay, Ellen, captain and 4 others like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Who here enjoys watching competitive eating?

I sometimes do. Depends who's doing it. There was this competitive eater on Canada's Got Talent's only season, and afterwards I looked him up and found out he has a Youtube channel.
    Kip likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Open note to people who feel like it's fine and dandy for them to whisper or talk throughout a movie in a theater.

It's not. Shut up. If you want to talk about the movie, wait until it comes out on DVD and watch it with your friends at home. If you're talking about something else, you shouldn't even be AT a movie.

Signed,
    Frustrated moviegoer who gave up and left. (Thankfully, the theater customer service folks gave us a free pass to come back and see the movie at another time.)
    I'm with you. I'm glad you complained (and got a pass to come back). That's the main reason I rarely go to movies any more (also there just doesn't seem to be that many movies I really want to see).
    inthegarden and AZChristian like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I don't seek it out, but I've enjoyed watching competitive eating competitions when I happen to catch them. What I probably enjoy more than the eating competition itself, is the play-by-play given by the announcer. I forget the guy's name who did it, but he was terrific. I don't think I'd care to watch it on youtube though. (I can't believe I know the names of two competitive eaters - Kobayashi and Joey Chestnut. Surely, my mind needs that space for more important things.)

Usually I catch a news story of who ate how much of what. That's all I need to know. As I've gotten older my gag reflex has gotten weaker. When I see people stuffing food in their mouth, I imagine what it would feel like, and then I gag. I am always amazed at how much they ate and also how little most of the winners are.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

A good number of competitive eaters I've seen are well built. I mean, maybe it's me being shallow, but it's easier to watch a well build person competitive eat than an obese one

Doesn't that 100 pound asianchick win a lot of those? She said she has a eating eggs routine that helps stretch her stomach.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post

Signed,
    A long time ago my dad decided to take me, my brother, his two infant children, and his then girlfriend to a movie. Of course, the infants cry. And some guy next to us kept angrily hushing.

My dad's caused a considerable amount of embarrassment for me and my brother throughout our lives.

I still remember that car accident and how sadistic and awful he was when talking to the driver. He freaking laughed at her misery.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've been recording The Bullwinkle Show the last couple of weekends. I'm remembering how I ADORED this show when I was a child. Boris Badenov and Natasha, Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Mr. Peabody and Sherman, the Way Back Machine, Fracture Fairy Tales. Cartoons were so much better then!
    cablejockey and Lizard like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I'm with you. I'm glad you complained (and got a pass to come back). That's the main reason I rarely go to movies any more (also there just doesn't seem to be that many movies I really want to see).
    Yep! And I can check them out at the Library, FREE!
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread