+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6757Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Well, I did it. I really needed to clean out the car and the living room anyway. I wire it to a hook in the ceiling, so they can't knock it over. I'll hold off on ornaments until I see how "interactive" they are with the tree. I have it up and watered and am waiting for the branches to settle before I put the lights on. I went "caroling" with my Little Sister while we drove around to look at Christmas lights last night. We didn't get out of the car, but we sang every Christmas song we could think of. Sad thing is, there really weren't very many Christmas lights up this year. A couple of over-the-top houses and a few tastefully done, and a few candle-in-every-window (this is New England). I think that's what made the final decision for me to get the tree. It was just too depressing not to see many Christmas lights.
    Cootie, coltnlasma, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Hubby and I walk around the main circle of our community every evening (2.3 miles), and are amazed at how many forms of transport Santa has, as reflected on lawns. Volkswagen bus, helicopter, motorcycle, sleigh . . . I just crack up at the lighted snowmen displayed here in Arizona. I absolutely REFUSE to have any decorations that have snow in any way, shape, or form. BTDT . . . DONE!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gut, you are back with the same Little Sister?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I"m glad you got your tree Gutmutter! It always makes the house so much nicer, IMO. I grieve when I have to take ours down! lol

I'm still with the same Little Sister. She's about to graduate and her mom just had a baby. Coincidence? No break in welfare income there.
    The tree is so fragrant! Skipperdee is sleeping under it right now. Neither one of them has tried to climb it. I may try a few ornaments tomorrow.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Gut, I'm so happy you made amends with your Little Sister. I'm sure she really needs someone stable like you in her life and with her now graduating, I'm guessing your interactions with her will be a lot less? Will you get a new Little Sister at some point?

My cat has rare, but occasional issues with peeing outside his litter box (almost always related to visits from a lot of people at one time). Last year he peed on the tree skirt under the Christmas tree. This year I plugged in a Comfort Zone diffuser and so far he's been fine. I haven't wrapped presents yet but will probably have some under it by tomorrow. He used to play with the ornaments but now he just ignores them. I do have a smaller fiber optic tree in the tv room and he tried to chew the glowing needles the first day but he seems to have lost interest. It's not the first year he's seen it so I don't know what got into him.

Interesting story - I play Christmas music on my ipod nano all day in the room with the tree. Last week I had to take my cat for his yearly shots and he usually cries the whole time in the car. I put it on a station that plays all Christmas songs this time of year and he settled right down. Coincidence? I think maybe he thought of home and that's why he was quiet.

To counteract his boredom I put a suction feeder on the window he likes to look out of and he stays entertained trying to swat the glass when a dove or chickadee lands on it.

I thought of getting a younger cat to keep him company but think I'll wait until after Christmas just in case a new kitty finds the tree irresistible.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Well, Gut, good for you on resolving the issue with your little sister! Many congratulations!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ordered the grandchildren headlamps for Christmas. Hope that works out. They are ages 5-9. That's the kind of thing I would have loved, back in the day.

ArchieComic Fan,
    My cousin's cat has terrible issues with not using the litter box. She's female, spayed, but still sprays her urine like a male cat would spray. It's weird. Once it becomes a problem, it's a problem and difficult to break.

Whenever I have transported pets in the car, I have played music and it works very well. I usually sing along and that helps my nerves. lol

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well I admit that I wasn't the best person in early high school, when I was 13. There were a couple other kids I'd make fun of, to the point of which it may have been seen as bullying. But the year after, I took a drastic turn. I'd feel more and more excluded. Nowadays, of course, I hate bullying, I usually don't make fun of people for who they are, and I wouldn't feel comfortable excluding anyone from anything in real life.

+ Reply to Thread