+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I just remembered a silly saying I heard somewhere about guys & dates:
    What's a guy's ideal date?
    Show up naked. Bring food!

It's just a joke, pikachu, so I'm not recommending you try it.
    Because guys are thinking about an experience and not commitment. And they do not bond when they have sex like women do. I do not spend any more brain energy on trying to figure that one out.
    Last edited by Lizard; 12-12-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    At one time Carlton Pearson preached heaven real and hell hot. I know this because his parents attended the church I went to and he came as an evangelist many times while I attended there. I know people who worked for him when he had Higher Dimensions Church in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
    How interesting. I thought it was incredibly fascinating that a person so ingrained in a certain way of thinking could have an epiphany and abruptly change direction. Also that so many people who were close to him would turn against him for his change in belief. I wish I lived closer to his church so I could check it out myself!!

A non-religious friend once told me that he was talking to a priest who commented on what a nice person he was for a non-religious person. This particular priest seemed to think that without religion people had no incentive to be moral. I just find it baffling that some people think that the threat of hell is required for people to behave. Maybe the difference is that I think most people are inherently good and want to do the right thing. However, life and circumstances sometimes make those decisions harder than they should be.
    Cootie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Quick question - would Iranian-Americans count as Asian-Americans since Iran is technically in Asia? I'm curious to know, for something.
    Also from wikipedia - There is a tendency among Iranian-Americans to categorize themselves as "Persian" rather than "Iranian", mainly to disassociate themselves from the Iranian regime and the negativity associated with it, and also to distinguish themselves as being of Persian ethnicity, which is around 65% of Iran's population. Majority of Iranian-Americans are of Persian-speaking backgrounds.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    How interesting. I thought it was incredibly fascinating that a person so ingrained in a certain way of thinking could have an epiphany and abruptly change direction. Also that so many people who were close to him would turn against him for his change in belief. I wish I lived closer to his church so I could check it out myself!!

A non-religious friend once told me that he was talking to a priest who commented on what a nice person he was for a non-religious person. This particular priest seemed to think that without religion people had no incentive to be moral. I just find it baffling that some people think that the threat of hell is required for people to behave. Maybe the difference is that I think most people are inherently good and want to do the right thing. However, life and circumstances sometimes make those decisions harder than they should be.
    He basically is of the Unitarian belief now. I think he calls it an all inclusive doctrine.
    Ellen likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Is there difference between being "kind" and being "nice"?

I'd like to see others' perceptions.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

IMO, being nice is more about manners. Being kind is more a generosity of spirit, being helpful and giving.

One can be nice without being kind, or kind without being nice.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I think I'd be more nice than kind. I am nice and I still believe that I am good.

By the way, look what I found:

rainbow.wmv - YouTube
    Photobabe likes this.

I do not think there is much difference between niceness and kindness.

Maybe there could be an inference that kindness is more genuine and than niceness.

When we think someone is mean to us, we find ourselves using the words "I am a good person" perhaps as if to stop the person from being unkind to us. Most of the times in my life when people were unkind to me, it was not about anything specifically that I had done. It was more about a situation with other things.

Do kind people use unkind words? Yes. People do accept that a person is not totally bad, but they usually do not stay around for the drama unless the person is a parent or something.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    You can do it!

To tree or not to tree... that is the question.
    Big storm coming tonight, so if I want a Christmas tree, I should really get it, and get it in the house today.
    Pros: it's Christmas, the lit tree in my front bay window is my only "outdoor" decorating, the kids are coming home, cats will find it amazing.
    Cons: kids will only be home one day, cats will find it irresistible, I will have to clean out my car and living room to make it happen, it's a huge mess to clean up.
    If I do get it, it would be with the understanding that I will only put lights on it and allow the cats to climb it.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And you'll spend a lot of your time picking the tree back up and setting it upright.....yet AGAIN.

Once my son was grown and gone, I was over putting up a tree.....and with the maniacs, Lola and monkey-see-monkey-do Juliebelle in the house....it is DEFINITELY over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread