+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5846Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

You shouldn't have to work so hard when somebody is asking you out. It would seem more sensible to ask him out, if you've got to go through all of that. Cut straight to the chase!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PGM35, I think taking the taxi across the street was a smart idea too. That street sounds bad to begin with, then you add in it being dark, bad weather and maybe a drink or two, a taxi was the right choice.

Pikachu, whatever you decide to do and wherever you decide to go, I hope you have a great time. Go with what feels right to you. Don't listen to negativity. Negativity is so unnecessary.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You shouldn't have to work so hard when somebody is asking you out. It would seem more sensible to ask him out, if you've got to go through all of that. Cut straight to the chase!
    The only problem with that is that when a man asks a woman out on a first date, the woman hears: "I find you interesting (or attractive) & would like to get to know you."

When a woman asks a man out on a first date he hears: "Hi there, I'm easy! And I've got the hots for you!"
    Kip likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I like hearing all about your potential date.

I'd like to offer a bit of a different perspective. I don't think the office party is a bad idea, but I know, for me personally, how uncomfortable I would be in that situation - even if I knew people there. I'm not my best at parties, where generally I'd prefer to fade into the background. If you think this is something he'd love to do then go for it, otherwise it might be better to go somewhere that you can converse and get to know each other. I love some of the activity ideas mentioned here. It can spark conversation, while not forcing conversation like a dinner date can. I also like the idea of a daytime date that has a natural ending, but maybe it could lead to a dinner date if you're having a great time

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Pikachu, have fun on your date! I'm quite surprised that a pretty lady like yourself, with such a nice personality, isn't asked out all of the time.

The tv show Hostages was filming today in our county park one town over. The catering company or whomever cooks for production asked the fire department where my hubby works p/t, if they could rent the upstairs banquet room for preparing and serving the meals for the crew. This is not the first time the fire dept has rented out their space as they are a hop, skip, and a jump, from this very large park. Well, they invited the fire department's staff upstairs for lunch and my hubby left his corned beef sandwich in the fridge and went upstairs. He could not believe the set-up they had...all kinds of cook tops set up. He also could not believe the elaborate lunch spread and went into detail, telling me how moist and tender the chicken cutlets were and how delicious some of the desserts were. They had everything from soup to nuts, and lots of vegetarian dishes too.

So, I asked him if he got to meet or even see the show's stars, Dylan McDermott or Toni Collette, and he said he didn't remain upstairs after he ate. Shoot! I wish he'd call me b/c I would have made up some excuse to come down and see them, um, him.

He's very non-plussed by celebrity sightings. He would recognize McDermott but would have no idea what the actor's name was.
    Ellen, CantGetNuf, Kip and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I see what you mean. (And I know your heart because of how kind and supportive you were as you held my hand via PM throughout my husband's cancer surgery stuff early this year you understood what others didn't, given his "special" circumstances. You're awesome! )

Me, I'd be scared to date again. Luckily, hubby is alive and (mostly) healthy we're stuck with each other for lots more years, for better or worse...

Hubby and I were "just friends" and coworkers for five years before we started dating (20 years this Xmas Eve...) so we never had to go through any real dating awkwardness (well...maybe for "that"...later in the game...) since we already knew pretty much everything about each other.

But as far as the guy asking what the woman wants for a date. And asking a lot. Maybe he's had a bad experience where he planned something really nice and his bee-yotch date hated it or made fun of it or...something negative. Maybe he hates to make a mistake (...that would be me...) and wants to cover all bases to make sure the date is perfect. Or close to perfect.

If it were me, I'd give the guy a chance. You never know...
    Last edited by Ellen; 12-09-2013 at 09:56 PM.
    Kip likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Have fun, pikachu.

I'm 21 and have never been on a date.

Also, back to my religious talk, who believes that Hell actually exists?

As my family believes, there is no such thing as Hell. The only "Hell" is what we here on Earth create for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I see what you mean. (And I know your heart because of how kind and supportive you were as you held my hand via PM throughout my husband's cancer surgery stuff early this year you understood what others didn't, given his "special" circumstances. You're awesome! )

Me, I'd be scared to date again. Luckily, hubby is alive and (mostly) healthy we're stuck with each other for lots more years, for better or worse...

Hubby and I were "just friends" and coworkers for five years before we started dating (20 years this Xmas Eve...) so we never had to go through any real dating awkwardness (well...maybe for "that"...later in the game...) since we already knew pretty much everything about each other.

But as far as the guy asking what the woman wants for a date. And asking a lot. Maybe he's had a bad experience where he planned something really nice and his bee-yotch date hated it or made fun of it or...something negative. Maybe he hates to make a mistake (...that would be me...) and wants to cover all bases to make sure the date is perfect. Or close to perfect.

If it were me, I'd give the guy a chance. You never know...
    I would go for it, too, pikachu! A guy can be good for someone without being perfect at dating. Or at ideas. And if you got to know him and liked how things are turning out, you would find lots of things you like doing together once the "getting to know you" part smooths out. I think my husband of 37 years would have been rejected by many women for things he wasn't good at, like gift giving (a past girlfriend gave him a hard time and discouraged him). I am so glad that I could be my own person and enjoy him for other reasons. I don't really like anyone making a fuss over me, so his minimalistic gift giving was just fine. But somehow over the years he learned how to give me perfect gifts. He planted a beautiful tree for me one year for my birthday. I will never forget that. And he knows I like simple, inexpensive jewelry from a local store down the street, so he always goes there to pick something out for me for Christmas. Another year he knew I was exploring local wines and he picked out all sorts of wine from the northwest for me to try. So what he was not actually too good at (in fact, he was a non-gift giver), he has over time become perfect at! Pikachu, I hope you have a nice time. You are taking a risk, but it sounds like a fun risk to take!

Have a good time!

Now you KNOW we're all chomping at the bit to hear all the details... you HAVE to go on that date and get back to us.
    Kip and Eastcoastmom like this.
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Have fun, pikachu.

I'm 21 and have never been on a date.

Also, back to my religious talk, who believes that Hell actually exists?

As my family believes, there is no such thing as Hell. The only "Hell" is what we here on Earth create for ourselves.
    I don't know whether or not hell actually exists. I don't live my life in fear of going to hell, but try to live my life following the "golden rule".

At times, I hope there is a hell, because I'd like it if child molesters, murderers, etc., who aren't punished here on earth, will have to pay for their crimes later.

+ Reply to Thread