+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5835Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I like a first date to be something public & a bit generic. Like dinner, or lunch, or going somewhere casual where other people are, but not with us, like a park or festival.
    I agree about the arriving in separate cars. I want an escape pod. Plus I don't want someone I don't know at my house, even if only for a short time. Going to the guy's house for dinner or movies is completely out of the question.
    I want to be in a comfort zone where I feel in control of my environment.

If a guy ever suggested going to a cooking class for our first date, I'd have to decline the idea, possibly decline the whole idea of a date with the guy. It would be a huge indication that we'd have nothing in common.
    That's the kind of stuff for a later date, after you know the other person's interests.

I've been on a number of double-dates with friends (either his or mine). In every case, there's never been a second date. They were extremely uncomfortable for me. I felt like the others were watching us get to know each other & in a way, interfering. Instead of more comfortable they were just plain awkward.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I would think cooking classes or dance lessons would be kind of expensive. I'm sure not made of money and I doubt he is so I wouldn't do something like that for a first date. I'm fine with letting him choose where to go for the first date but since he kept asking me, I thought maybe I should have more options ready.

I plan to call him tonight to invite him to the Council of the Blind Christmas party, which is this Saturday. I think he would like it and the friend who introduced us will be there so he'll know at least some of the people there.

And I agree with you about double-dates, Miss Scarlett. I went to a bar with a friend at school, her boyfriend at the time, and his best friend. I think they were setting it up like a double-date, with me with the best friend, but both guys were only interested in my friend so it was totally awkward for me. She ended up dumping her boyfriend and moving in with the best friend.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Actually, pikachu, the guy sounds rather lame already if he is repeatedly asking YOU about your ideal date. He sounds boring and not very innovative, if he hasn't picked up on an idea, by now. If I were you, I'd just let it lay, unless you are just desperate for a date.

I smell a manipulative rat, unless there are things you have not told us. You have led that horse to water, and he still doesn't sound like he wants to drink. I say let him die of thirst!
    Lizard and Photobabe like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would invite to the Christmas party. Heck why not, it sounds like fun
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Actually, pikachu, the guy sounds rather lame already if he is repeatedly asking YOU about your ideal date. He sounds boring and not very innovative, if he hasn't picked up on an idea, by now. If I were you, I'd just let it lay, unless you are just desperate for a date.

I smell a manipulative rat, unless there are things you have not told us. You have led that horse to water, and he still doesn't sound like he wants to drink. I say let him die of thirst!
    Well, considering that I have NEVER been asked out on a date, I want to at least give this a chance. If nothing else, we might become friends and I can use it as experience so when the right guy does come along, I'll know a bit more about what I want from a guy and how to act on a date.

I'm not all too sure about him yet and I'm not attracted to him but then I hardly know him. Maybe once I get to know him, he'll grow on me. I'm certainly keeping my wits about me so if I feel he's up to no good, I'll dump him right away.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When people tell you/show you who they are.....believe them. I think he has shown his hand. With this guy, I think you are setting yourself up.

Bad idea to do something out of desperation. I hate to use that word, but that's exactly what you've indicated.

You could stand to get involved in activities with people with similar interests.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I still don't see how a Christmas Party could hurt .I have had dates like that, where I just want a friend, not a boyfriend
    -Andy Rooney-

I wouldn't say this was out of desperation. I haven't even gone out with the guy yet so I think it would be premature to drop him already!! We've only talked ONE time on the phone so I can excuse him for not being sure where we should go or what we should do to begin with. I think he was just asking my opinion to be polite.

I won't bother you all with the details of this further. I thought you would be happy for me that I finally got asked out and might have some helpful advice to give, instead of poo-pooing my chances before things even got off the ground. Thank you to those of you who had some helpful ideas. I appreciate it.
    Lil Bit, Cootie and NorwIndian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wouldn't say this was out of desperation. I haven't even gone out with the guy yet so I think it would be premature to drop him already!! We've only talked ONE time on the phone so I can excuse him for not being sure where we should go or what we should do to begin with. I think he was just asking my opinion to be polite.

I won't bother you all with the details of this further. I thought you would be happy for me that I finally got asked out and might have some helpful advice to give, instead of poo-pooing my chances before things even got off the ground. Thank you to those of you who had some helpful ideas. I appreciate it.
    I am happy for you, go! give it a chance, life is short, live it! Take him to the Christmas party ( where he knows others) and enjoy it..when you are my age, 62, you don't want to look back with regrets, I haven't xx
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post

I could not agree more. I for one am very happy for you! I think he's just being a nice guy by asking about your ideal date.

Edited to say...please don't stop talking to us about the date! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
    Please don't let one person spoil this for you. I would love to hear all the details!
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 12-09-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    Cootie and Fanny Mare like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread