+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6528Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2185720;
    Now I have to go find the one the CA office head officer gave me last time. Don't want him to think I lost it!!!
    I had a friend who worked in Tokyo for a few years and she said that when you hand someone (like a boss) your business card, you should do so with two hands, not just one like we're used to doing. Almost like it's an offering!

MRD
    We were going to Atlanta today to visit a couple cousins. I have not slept as the 2 days of rainy chilly weather have aggravated my fibromyalgia. I am going to take some pain killers and lay in bed and read all day. I feel bad for cancelling, but relieved as I don't want to be on the interstates this weekend. Is that bad? But I am looking forward to indulging myself by reading all day. I have NOTHING else to do except wrap one present. The rest is done, done, done! Now which book? I went to the library and got the new James Patterson, the new John Grisham, the new one by the guy that wrote Cold Mountain, the new Nelson Demille and the lastest in the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. I don't know which one to start first as I'm excited about them ALL!
    I have on my James Taylor Christmas CD and am just relaxing waiting for the pain killers to kick in and the pain to go away. Which is why I'm here to distract me from not feeling well.
    Do you guys know what a great distraction you all are???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

myrosiedog - you have to do what you have to do for yourself. just relax.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Just cancel. If you are in pain you wouldn't be a good guest anyway, so take it easy and take care of yourself.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    mrd,
    1. Read whichever book has the earliest return date to the library!

2. And stop worrying so much about what other people think...family, or not!

3. I'll keep you in mind when I'm at the grocery store shopping for my spiced tea ingredients!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD, start reading in alphabetical order! I always like to save the best for the last-it's called anticipation! Hope you have a happy holiday season. I love the way you continue to count your blessings!!

MRD
    Thanks guys. Well am extremely happy now. The pain pill kicked in, soon, I will be out like a light. Which is why I don't take them unless the pain is REALLY bad, but fibro requires rest, so that's a good thing that I'll be sleeping soon. But now I feel silly and loopy. So watch out!

I started the Nelson Demille. I'm saving the Odd Thomas one for last as apparantly while I wasn't looking, hubby grabbed that one.

Prhoshay, you have GOT to tell me how you liked the spiced tea and if its good with the stoli.

And I heard from a very good friend who has had a really bad couple years that she got engaged this weekend. I am so happy. I was crying on the phone and she kept saying, "why are you crying? It's happy news". Which was why I was crying because I cry at everything, happy, sad and in between. And she asked me to be her matron of honor. So I told her that I wasn't wearing an ugly dress. At 44 I am too old for puffy sleeves, big bows and satin dresses. She laughed and said as I'm the only bridesmaid, I can pick out my own dress as long as it didn't have flamingos on it. Damn and that was exactly what I wanted to wear!!!!!

Glad you're starting to feel better, myrosiedog. And that's great news about your friend also. You'll make a great matron of honor - big puffy bows, flamingos, and all!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by famita;2185971;
    Rather than the finger, I find myself "signing" [FA edit]. I get my point across and it's not as bad as the finger. Well, maybe it is, but it doesn't sound as crude! Besides, with my white hair, it's slightly more refining!
    My grandmother had several sisters. One was a real prude. Another was a real firecracker. Both she and my grandmother enjoyed a good cocktail every afternoon. The other did NOT touch alcohol or cuss.

My Aunt Dot's husband was in the hospital in another town and it was kind of bad. She was used to driving in a small town, so the 6 lane traffic in the city discombobulated her. My grandmother and my Aunt Boo, the fire cracker were riding with her to the hospital and my Aunt Dot wasn't driving so well and another driver blew at her and gave them the finger. They both were stopped at a light in adjoining lanes and the other driver roles his window down and yells "learn to drive you old bat" (did I mention they were all close to 80 at this point?).
    My Aunt Boo who looks like the stereotypical little old lady with white hair that knits, looks over and yells to him: "F You". Except she said the whole word.
    My Aunt Dot almost had a heart attack when she heard it. This was the late 1970's and the F bomb wasn't dropped around as much as it is today, particularly in front of little old ladies.
    We still laugh about it as my grandmother telling us this story had us all in stitches.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 12-24-2006 at 12:26 AM. Reason: profanity in quote

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Old people can be such a blast! If you just listen to what they have been through, they can have you rolling on the floor!! I love talking to them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread