+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4433Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Do cabs still only accept cash? I haven't taken one in umpteen years. Seems like they would be taking debit cards, or something, by now. I remember taking one and having the driver stop at my bank so that I could get some cash. I've never been one to carry cash. I've never understood people who pay everything in cash.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Do cabs still only accept cash? I haven't taken one in umpteen years. Seems like they would be taking debit cards, or something, by now. I remember taking one and having the driver stop at my bank so that I could get some cash. I've never been one to carry cash. I've never understood people who pay everything in cash.
    The cabs I've taken most recently San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago all take credit cards.
    They even have/had the credit card logos (MasterCard, VISA, AmEx, Discover) plastered on the passenger-side door[s]
    of the cab, right under the rate statement.
    Last edited by Ellen; 12-08-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

We used a CC, we didn't have any cash on us.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

How did I not look like a bank robber, having the cab wait for me while I went into the bank? He was waiting at the corner with the motor running.
    Ellen, Kip, PGM35 and 3 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm also liking my new signature. I wanted to add a second definition but there's so many lines that are allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    How did I not look like a bank robber, having the cab wait for me while I went into the bank? He was waiting at the corner with the motor running.
    Now that's a visual!!
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

What do guys like to do on dates? I'm finally having a guy show interest in me and he asked me what my ideal date was. I didn't really have an ideal scenario so I rattled off some of the typical date things (go to a movie, go out for drinks, go to a park to take a walk or feed the ducks, etc). He kept repeating the question so I guess none of my answers appealed to him. What do people these days do on dates, and what particularly do guys like to do??

I looked online and some suggestions were go to a museum to look at art or animals, go bowling, pretend you're a tourist and go to local attractions, go to local festivals.

I think I might ask him about going to our local museum to see the animals, unless you all have some better ideas.

I have learned that it's best to meet in public places and arrange to meet there in separate cars, at least until you get to know each other. Otherwise, if the date goes sour, it will be awkward to get out of the situation. Also, I would insist on separate checks if we went somewhere we had to pay. I don't think it's fair to have the guy pay for everything when both people are working. And if he pays for the date, he might feel that I "owe" him something at the end of the date.
    Face Off 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Amazing Race 24 Pool: Registration closed
    Survivor Cagayan 6 Pool: Registration closed
    Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool: Registration closed
    Click here for general pool information and lists of previous pool winners!

I know cooking classes and dance lessons are popular date activities. I haven't been on a date for 30 years so I can't help too much but I think those would be fun. My favorite first date way back when was to a comedy club.

I think meeting him there as opposed to having him come to your house is a good idea. Separate cars is too. I don't personally know any guy who would agree to separate checks though. They would rather pay for the date. Not because they think you would owe them anything, they just feel like it's the right thing to do.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun!!!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

In regards to the statement above, I'm one of the few remaining cash users. I prefer cash. I don't have to worry about somebody getting my numbers, getting my card and cleaning out my account etc.
    I only use my debit card for online shopping. Cash is just much easier for me personally. I don't walk around carrying loads of cash but if I'm going out shopping or something, I use cash.
    I also don't use credit cards. I have them and have used them a few times just to build a little credit but I paid them off within a month. I've never had a car payment. I use cash and buy what I can afford. I had a mortgage but sold my house after my kids moved out and now rent.

The only major debt I've had was many years ago. Long horror story short, my (now dead KARMA) ex husband broke my jaw, broke my cheekbone, gave me a concussion and more. I was too embarrassed to go to our hospital and use our insurance so I went to a different hospital and said I had no insurance. It was a huge bill that hung over my head for 5 years. Every payment I made brought back the memories of why I was paying the bill. But I paid it.
    I think that may be a reason I wont have debt now.

Here I go rambling again. After having my girl here, I needed a dose of pain killers and muscle relaxants both, so I hope I made sense. I always feel like I'm boring and rambling and try to edit or delete but I'm always too late!

To all of you hard working people here, I hope you all have a great week!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

A cooking class might be fun! One of my best first dates was a lunch date....we came separately, there was no alcohol, and it didn't last overly long. I think it is important to be able to talk and get to know some things about each other before deciding if you really want to get stuck with each other any longer. I also made sure that I had "someplace to be" right after the date. That was just enough to whet our interests in each other without trying to figure out how to, desperately, ditch the other person; it also gave each of us time to think over what we had just experienced and decide if we wanted to pursue anything more......which we did! I really liked the brevity of the date, and it being in the daytime. When he was walking me to my car we both, apparently, were a little nervous about how the 'goodbye' was going to go; we were attracted to each other and thinking about a little kiss. I took control and quickly stuck out my hand to shake his hand. I think we were, both, relieved at that! It was really great! I decided, from that point on, that all of my first dates would be lunch dates; not so much pressure. In our case, HE paid. Nothing worse than getting clumsy about who is paying the check. I was careful about what I ordered. The other person can always leave the tip.

I've never understood going to movie on the first date since you can't really talk and get to know each other in a movie. That was more of a high school thing when we were too shy to talk much, anyway.
    Lizard and NorwIndian like this.

+ Reply to Thread