+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5806Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I know what you mean, Fanny Mare. I would choose to be "present" every minute, too. The time goes by so quickly, like cablejockey was saying.

Cootie, sorry about your fall, but I understand your wanting to venture out and take in the fresh air. You run marathons for goodness sake! And it's not as though we can't take a spill right in our own home... not that I would know anything about that....
    Yes, time goes very fast, too fast. I got some fresh air this morning, deep breaths of cool air and back inside to my pumpkin latte.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I have not felted just the ends. I guess only your ends are untreated wool? I have found that sport weight yarn shrinks so fast....it is or is not funny. I set the washer on hot, 15 minutes later my hats were tiny.....but with a thick yarn it takes a long time. With aran yarn it took 2 hours and still needed more shrinking. Felting is fun. Makes you feel like a mad scientist. Send me a message if you are on ravelry and I will give you my ravelry name.
    It's needle felting, not wet felting. I put a picture of it in the "My Art" thread.
    Lizard likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I know what you mean, Fanny Mare. I would choose to be "present" every minute, too. The time goes by so quickly, like cablejockey was saying.

Cootie, sorry about your fall, but I understand your wanting to venture out and take in the fresh air. You run marathons for goodness sake! And it's not as though we can't take a spill right in our own home... not that I would know anything about that....
    I was definitely present when she was here. I only came on here when she was eating, sleeping or using the bathroom.
    I would never sit online while she was here.
    She's way more fun than the internet.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

That must make me a bad grandma then because I am on the computer when my grandkids are at my house. They don't have cable at home and NahNah as they call me has the cartoon channel they love to watch. They also love to play with my nephews toys he has here and love to play outside on the trampoline I have.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    That must make me a bad grandma then because I am on the computer when my grandkids are at my house. They don't have cable at home and NahNah as they call me has the cartoon channel they love to watch. They also love to play with my nephews toys he has here and love to play outside on the trampoline I have.
    LOL. I don't think that makes you bad at all, we each do different things with our grandchildren My youngest is only 3, so I like to play with her. Although she has enough TV time( limited) at home
    -Andy Rooney-

I kind of felt like a bad grandma too. It sounded like I was bad for being online (for a few short minutes) while she was here.

Cootie, I'm glad you're okay. I understand about not wanting to drive in the snow. I would do it if I had to and I think I'm pretty good at it, HOWEVER, if you do happen to slide into a another car, it's considered your fault by the police and insurance, even if you were being careful.

I always kept full coverage on my car, however, it's pain to have to file claims, have it repaired, etc. I just starting taking cabs if there was snow or ice on the roads. I lived very close to my office, but too far too walk in ice or snow. The cab was not all that expensive and I was not responsible if we did slide into a ditch, pole or other vehicle. It's worth it, IMO.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I am not feeling too bad today.

I seem to have helped my mom fix her computer, and I cleaned my room. Got rid of some useless years old junk that's been sitting on my shelf and collecting dust.
    Kip, inthegarden and NorwIndian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I am not feeling too bad today.

I seem to have helped my mom fix her computer, and I cleaned my room. Got rid of some useless years old junk that's been sitting on my shelf and collecting dust.
    I think it feels good to get rid of clutter/junk I always feel better
    -Andy Rooney-

I love organizing and decluttering. Since I've been in my chair, I've cleaned and organized all of the drawers in the house. I'm kind of a clean "freak". I just cant relax in a messy room.

I miss my girl already! She had to leave this morning. They are going to the farm to get their xmas tree today. She cried all morning because she didn't want to leave me here alone. I had to sit her down and let her know that I'm just fine by myself. That I'll sure miss her, but she doesn't have to worry about me. She drew me a picture of herself so I won't get too lonely.
    Kip and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread