+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5781Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Sorry. I guess I'm one of *THOSE* grandmas. I need to realize that not everybody wants to hear stories about my granddaughter.

Have a great Sunday!
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Wow, NorwIndian, I love reading your stories. It makes me wish I was a grandmother! No need to apologize! Your stories make me remember days with my daughter and how much fun we had when she was young. We have different fun now that she is 27, but those days of play at a young age are so precious!!! I can tell that you treasure them and so does your granddaughter. That is worth so much in life! I still have fun with my daughter and it is because of similar activities that I did with her as a child. You are special. Don't stop sharing...and don't apologize for it.
    AZChristian and NorwIndian like this.

Thanks Cootie. That's so sweet of you to say.
    I must say this is one of the friendliest sites I've been to.
    99.9 percent of the posters here are so kind and thoughtful and respectful.
    I very much appreciate that.

I try to be kind, positive and not critical or mean to people. It doesn't matter to me if its somebody next to me or somebody online I'll never meet.
    I don't ever want to be rude or dismissive of anybody. I would truly hate to think that something I may have said could cause another person to have a bad day or to feel bad about themselves.
    I'd rather be the reason they smile that day.
    Corny, I know but that's just me.

And Cootie, I'm not special. At all! But thanks.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 12-07-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

NorwIndian - don't stop! I have 3 grown children but no grandchildren. I love hearing your stories. I think I'd make an awesome grandmother, but it may not be in the cards. Neither of my daughters has any interest and my son is with a crazy woman.
    PGM35, Cootie and NorwIndian like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    We didn't get much snow, but I've been fighting a bad cold for 2 days (didn't go to work Friday). I have a fire going and I'm felting the ends of a cream angora scarf I knit for my Secret Santa. I'm needle felting free-form spirals and scallops in teal and dark blue. It's very pretty, but I have no idea how well it will hold up. I'm new to felting.
    I have not felted just the ends. I guess only your ends are untreated wool? I have found that sport weight yarn shrinks so fast....it is or is not funny. I set the washer on hot, 15 minutes later my hats were tiny.....but with a thick yarn it takes a long time. With aran yarn it took 2 hours and still needed more shrinking. Felting is fun. Makes you feel like a mad scientist. Send me a message if you are on ravelry and I will give you my ravelry name.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    Sorry. I guess I'm one of *THOSE* grandmas. I need to realize that not everybody wants to hear stories about my granddaughter.
    I'm one of *THOSE* grandmas too. I would post all day about my grandson because everything he does is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.
    I just tried to find an old thread for us grandparents but I can't find it. The search feature on FORT and I have never seen eye to eye. I think it was titled something like, "Granparents do your bragging here".
    NorwIndian likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I have been spending the morning putting up the Christmas tree and decorations for the livingroom. Funny how time changes things, not so long ago putting up the tree involved the entire family, little kids crying, decorations all over the floor, and that moment when the lights were turned on and eveybody said ohhh. Now its just me--the kids all grown and my husband passed away three years back--but I could almost hear them all over again this morning....
    shyra, nennie, coltnlasma and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    I'm one of *THOSE* grandmas too. I would post all day about my grandson because everything he does is the most awesome thing I've ever seen.
    I just tried to find an old thread for us grandparents but I can't find it. The search feature on FORT and I have never seen eye to eye. I think it was titled something like, "Granparents do your bragging here".
    Count me as one of those. LOL. I just never get online when she is here, she gives me the look! that's because daddy isn't allowed his IPhone at the dinner table.

She is such an old soul, and for being only three, extremely smart .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I spent all day yesterday getting the tree up in the den and all of my santa collection put out. I did a white tree with just bulbs in my dining room and it is really pretty. I had a lot of bulbs I had acquired over the years and I made a wreath out of some of them and had enough to do the white tree too. I made my grandsons a wreath out of all the small Christmas ornaments that were for children.
    cablejockey and Cootie like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I know what you mean, Fanny Mare. I would choose to be "present" every minute, too. The time goes by so quickly, like cablejockey was saying.

Cootie, sorry about your fall, but I understand your wanting to venture out and take in the fresh air. You run marathons for goodness sake! And it's not as though we can't take a spill right in our own home... not that I would know anything about that....
    Cootie and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread