+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4488Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I will Gutmutter! Thank you. I try not to show too much in front of her, but she gets the saddest look on her face when she sees me struggle with something. She'll come over and put her head on my shoulder and rub my arm. My daughter has said that she's found her crying a couple of times and when my daughter asked what was wrong she said she's worried about grandma.
    She and I used to hike around my property looking for deer or other animals to take pictures of and she's worried that I'm sad that we can't do it anymore.
    She was a preemie so she's small for her age. For somebody so tiny, the kid has a huge heart.
    She definitely has a firm grip on my heart.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

NorwIndian,
    Your granddaughter sounds precious. It's nice that she is so sensitive to your condition. I bet she will be thrilled when you are back to doing things like walking outside and doing your old activities. I know you'll be glad. I now understand about your weight loss. I guess I was under the impression that the inactivity would cause weight gain, not loss, but what you said makes sense. I hope you regain your health soon. My sister-in-law is facing a second back surgery and she really doesn't want to go through it again. It's been about 8 years since her first one. She was in a body brace for a year. She had a bad experience coming off the pain meds. It's rough. I've seen what she went through, so I feel for you.

Today it was 80 degrees and tomorrow it will drop to 30's and Sunday, we will have sleet and freezing rain! Don't you just love it.
    I have to get all my errands done tomorrow. lol

Thanks Debb. I don't blame your sister in law one bit for not wanting to go through another back surgery. I would rather have 10 more pelvic and hip surgeries than to have 1 more back surgery. I feel for her.

I can't wait to get off the pain meds but I've read some horror stories about what people coming off of them have gone through so I'm a little nervous about it. My Dr. is going to slowly wean me off. They are terrible. They make me so nauseous.
    She wants to wait a few more months but I'm going to ask if we can start weaning after the holidays.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 12-06-2013 at 07:49 PM.

I had an interesting experience today. Rather than drive to work in the snow, I decided to walk the 3.5 miles because our area does not get snow very often and it get dangerous on the hills, etc. I have great clothes to stay warm and dry so I bundled up and made the trek. About 1 mile in, I crossed the road walking a little too fast and fell down on my back left "pocket" of my backside and on my arm and wrist. Well, basically I was laying down in the street. Luckily there were no cars. I had a great walk the rest of the way but now I am pretty sore! At 60, I am not used to falling down! My arm hurts up to my shoulder and into my wrist and elbow. What I am grateful for is the decision I made to take my new iphone out of my pocket and put it in my jacket. I must have had a premonition that I could possibly break it by having it there.

I used to fall down all the time when I was a kid out playing hard all day. I guess this was the 2013 version of that kind of play! A little too much speed. It was beautiful outside so I have no regrets and my aches and pains will heal. I have the weekend to enjoy this brisk weather without having to go anywhere.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Wow, Cootie, I'm glad you were not more seriously injured. I don't like driving in the snow, either, but I would be more worried about slipping on the ice. How much snow did you get?
    Photobabe likes this.

Not much, just a few inches really, but our climate is so mild that only the main roads are okay to drive on early in the morning when we get snow. I had some great boots especially for the sidewalks and a good jacket so I was very comfortable, but the ice on the street is what got me. I was more careful on the rest of the walk and it was fine. I felt great getting outside and getting some exercise - it took me just a little over an hour.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

Oh wow! I too am so glad you weren't badly hurt and that there were no cars coming! Good thing about the phone too. I'm happy you're ok.
    If you have one, a heating pad may help your arm.
    I'm sorry this happened to you!

One of my favorite things ever was to walk in the rain.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 12-06-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Cootie! Ouch!!! Glad you're basically fine. Hope your arm heals quickly.

I am glad you are okay Cootie. My mum broke her wrist and her ankle slipping on ice, I am terrified I will slip.. We have had a lot of snow, it was sunny and melted, then got cold, so of course under the fresh snow is ice rest up Cootie, at 60 its a shock to the system when we fall
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

And if it doesn't stop hurting real soon, be sure to see a doctor!!!!
    prhoshay likes this.

+ Reply to Thread