+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4498Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Cold in in Central Texas - we are at 32degrees but with rain - makes for icy conditions and treacherous roadways. We had late starts to schools and major employers. Oh the joys of Texas weather, we were at the record 84 degrees on Tues/Wed and now we are in the low 30s and will hit low/mid 20s this weekend. SMH

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My garbage can lid is frozen to the container, and there is a serious rain going on. Fortunately, that's as much going out as I needed to do today.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Here in Northern California, just above San Francisco, at 10 am it's up to 29 degrees. Very cold for here. It was 23 degrees when I got up. Fortunately, I remembered to put my worm bin into the basement a couple a days ago.

This morning when I left for work it was -11 degrees, with a high today of -3. Heat wave.
    Tonight is supposed to go back down & tomorrow night should be the coldest. Thank goodness it's a weekend, so I'll just stay inside 'till afternoon.
    This sub-zero stuff is supposed to break by Tuesday. It seems odd to be looking forward to a morning with single digits ABOVE 0.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Here in Northern California, just above San Francisco, at 10 am it's up to 29 degrees. Very cold for here. It was 23 degrees when I got up. Fortunately, I remembered to put my worm bin into the basement a couple a days ago.
    We're in the same area. I'm in Concord and its so cold here. I forgot to cover my flowers last night. I haven't checked them yet but I'm sure they were damaged last night from the cold.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

we had wind-chill warnings of -42 . But we went out, and now we have movies and a HUGE pot of stew
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a big pot of soup going too. I love the little counter top burners I bought. Its nice to be able to cook again.

My 5 year old granddaughter is coming to spend the night tonight, she's going to help me put up the decorations and do the xmas tree. My daughter said she's so excited about it, she couldn't sleep last night and talked about coming here on the way to school.
    She loves her grandma! She's the sweetest kid. She just had her first parent/teacher conference and her teacher said she's always wanting to help everybody, even though she's the youngest and smallest one in the class.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 12-06-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    shyra and Debb70 like this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

FORT Newbie

I'm in No. Cal too. My kids thought it was absolutely hilarious that I had to scrape ice off the windows the last two mornings when we left for school. yesterday we were running late so I only scraped off a small patch. Luckily the heat from the defrost melted the rest fairly soon. I told them this is how it would be if we lived in other parts of the country! I was complaining about the cold yesterday until I read on here that some of you were in "-" degree territory. I should be thankful we're only in the 20's and 30's!
    Ellen and PGM35 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I have a big pot of soup going too. I love the little counter top burners I bought. Its nice to be able to cook again.

My 5 year old granddaughter is coming to spend the night tonight, she's going to help me put up the decorations and do the xmas tree. My daughter said she's so excited about it, she couldn't sleep last night and talked about coming here on the way to school.
    She loves her grandma! She's the sweetest kid. She just had her first parent/teacher conference and her teacher said she's always wanting to help everybody, even though she's the youngest and smallest one in the class.
    That's just so sweet. Give her a hug from me.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

So I had a pretty angry night again. But now i feel better. For now.

+ Reply to Thread