+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7294Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Why do you think you've lost so much weight after the accident? Just curious.
    A lot of my weight loss has to do with the pain meds they have me on. They kill my appetite. I'm hoping to start the weaning process soon. They say I still need them but I'd like to try getting off of them.
    Another part is the stress and depression that came with the accident. Even though I'll walk ok some day the life I had before is over. I can't eat if I'm depressed or stressed out.
    Another reason is that the body cast that I had to wear for so long had to be tight enough so my spine was immobile and it made it hard to really be able to eat enough to get full since the cast was so tight around my stomach.
    I've also not been doing my yoga. I did it daily for over 12 years and it's been almost a year since I've been able to practice it so I've lost a lot of muscle.

I've always been thin, its genetic for me, but these days I'm looking skeletal.
    The good news is that I've recently gotten another type of prescription. I have a medical marijuana card. That is helping my appetite immensely and its also a good pain reliever. And its not as harmful as the narcotic pain pills.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 12-05-2013 at 10:14 PM.
    CantGetNuf, waywyrd, shyra and 2 others like this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

For the record, I am now back to 0 days since my last rant.

JohnnyK, do you have anybody in your life that you can talk to about those rants? Sometimes having somebody to talk to about these types of things can really help.
    Somebody objective that can help you find other ways to express yourself maybe?

Just a thought.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, these are show rants. Public voting rants. The usual.

I see someone usually every other week who I talk to about everything that's going on in my life.

That's good. It helps to have somebody to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    A lot of my weight loss has to do with the pain meds they have me on. They kill my appetite. I'm hoping to start the weaning process soon. They say I still need them but I'd like to try getting off of them.
    Another part is the stress and depression that came with the accident. Even though I'll walk ok some day the life I had before is over. I can't eat if I'm depressed or stressed out.
    Another reason is that the body cast that I had to wear for so long had to be tight enough so my spine was immobile and it made it hard to really be able to eat enough to get full since the cast was so tight around my stomach.
    I've also not been doing my yoga. I did it daily for over 12 years and it's been almost a year since I've been able to practice it so I've lost a lot of muscle.

I've always been thin, its genetic for me, but these days I'm looking skeletal.
    The good news is that I've recently gotten another type of prescription. I have a medical marijuana card. That is helping my appetite immensely and its also a good pain reliever. And its not as harmful as the narcotic pain pills.
    I really feel for you NorwIndian. I know what it's like to be very ill and just want life to go back to "normal". It really does make you appreciate "normal" when it comes back around again. Warm thoughts and hugs.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm not a fan of hot and humid (rare here), either. And I love our brand of winter!
    The winters are one of the things I miss about living in SoCal. Our winters up north aren't too bad, but it's been exceptionally cold here this week. Down below freezing at night and not above 50 during the day. Considering that I just tossed my tomato plants (some of which had new fruit on them) not even two weeks ago, that's pretty cold.

I have no interest in living where there's snow. You all can keep that weather! I have friends and family in areas where it's below freezing. I just couldn't do it. I'll stick with California! Here, I get to wear my cute winter coats and scarves, but I don't have to dig my car out of the snow in the morning.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't dig my car out We have warm underground parking, and I drive to where there is underground parking
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I seldom have to deal with snow....just cold and occasional ice trouble. As long as you know how to dress for it, it's not that bad. It's all the better if I can wear RED!!!

Schools are closed today in anticipation of weather trouble later.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-06-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yesterday, while I was in the grocery store, I was walking behind a lady and her toddler sitting in the basket, and he was just talking gibberish and pointing at various things; I remember thinking "OK, this kid does not speak the language yet." I walked past them, and he turned to me and shouted, "HI!", loudly and clearly! I cracked up and returned his enthusiastic greeting; of course, I was wearing red! Kids seem to love that color!

Kids can be such a blast!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread