+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6257Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OH MY. Minus 21!!!!!! That just blows my mind. I can't even imagine it. The coldest it's ever been in NC in my area is around zero. And that's not often.

Right now it's 67 and is supposed to get to 72 today!!!!!! Not good weather for holiday decorating, IMO. Tomorrow, it's supposd to be in the HIGH 70s!!!!!!!!!!!! Amost 80 degrees just weeks from Christmas. It's not normal. I don't like it. lol

In NC, I have gone to pick out my Christmas tree some years in shorts and some years in gloves with the snow coming down. You never know.
    I could learn to love a brown/green Christmas. Although I'd feel like I was celebrating Christmas on the 4th of July.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like winter! I've got some really cute scarves and coats. I find the cold air refreshing and invigorating. For me hot and humid really is sucky. Fall is purrrr-fect!
    KatesMom likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like seasons changing. I could do with less winter than we have, but getting away is so enjoyable It recharges us, then its not long and its spring
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It's freezing here in San Diego. And by "freezing," I mean mid-50s to low-60s.
    On Saturday, the weather folks are predicting a severe winter storm. (In San Diego–speak, that means enough rain to need an umbrella, temps below 65, and enough wind to render the umbrella useless at times.) Time to break out the winter coat! (And by "winter coat" I mean hooded sweatshirt.)
    Yeah, I don't regret moving here from Wisconsin one bit.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    It's freezing here in San Diego. And by "freezing," I mean mid-50s to low-60s.
    On Saturday, the weather folks are predicting a severe winter storm. (In San Diego–speak, that means enough rain to need an umbrella, temps below 65, and enough wind to render the umbrella useless at times.) Time to break out the winter coat! (And by "winter coat" I mean hooded sweatshirt.)
    Yeah, I don't regret moving here from Wisconsin one bit.
    LOL yes, that's freezing alright. I lived in BC for awhile ( nicer temps) and I felt colder( it was always damp) than I do here. I hated all that rain, I will stick with what I know. Enjoy your sweatshirt
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It got down in the low 20s here last night. I woke up with 3 cats and 2 dogs on top of me this morning. They must have gotten cold in the night.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I like winter! I've got some really cute scarves and coats. I find the cold air refreshing and invigorating. For me hot and humid really is sucky. Fall is purrrr-fect!
    I'm with you! I grew up in the deep south, hot, muggy, humidity so heavy it turned to rain. Love where I live now, it still gets hot and humid but we have cool breaks and there are 4 seasons. We get snow now and then. I still love to go sledding ....

I prefer winter too. If its cold, you just have to put on a warm sweater or get under a blanket but when its hot, there's nothing you can do to cool off.
    I've lost so much weight since my accident that I'm now about 20 pounds underweight so I'm feeling the cold much more this year. Just bought myself a big thick robe. Only problem is that my pets love the robe as much as I do. They always try to burrow under it while I'm wearing it.
    shyra likes this.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by NorwIndian View Post
    I prefer winter too. If its cold, you just have to put on a warm sweater or get under a blanket but when its hot, there's nothing you can do to cool off.
    I've lost so much weight since my accident that I'm now about 20 pounds underweight so I'm feeling the cold much more this year. Just bought myself a big thick robe. Only problem is that my pets love the robe as much as I do. They always try to burrow under it while I'm wearing it.
    Why do you think you've lost so much weight after the accident? Just curious.

I was doing some reading on weather and topography in Texas recently. I'm fascinated by those things for some reason. I have no idea why. I noticed that they have flat land like deserts and they also have green forest (hill country), like you would expect to see in Virginia. It's odd. Texas also is the start for tornado ally. It's very hot someplaces, but not so hot others. It's really amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm not a fan of hot and humid (rare here), either. And I love our brand of winter!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread