+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6756Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I just use a cloth meant for cleaning eye glasses to clean my screens. It works great and you don't need any sprays or anything.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

You aren't supposed to use chemicals on that kind of screen, so I just use a microfiber cloth to clean my laptop screen. Sometimes I get it slightly damp. Maybe there's a specific spray to clean that material, but I don't want to take the risk of marring the screen.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That's the same kind of cloth I use. It cleans the screens really well. Like Critical, I dampen mine a tiny bit if needed.
    Hope that helps!
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So watching Supernatural is giving me, who is generally anti-religious, more of an interest in God, angels, Heaven, etc. I want to talk to someone about this to see what they think.

FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Stupid question of the day: What is the best way to clean my laptop computer screen? I've never cleaned it since I've had it, and it is gross-feeling, to the touch. It's not glass, and I am stymied.
    My screens tend to get very smudgey from pointing at things on them. I work with tech, so this includes monitors, laptops, tablets, cell phones, etc. I never use a completely dry cloth because I don't think it gets rid of smudges well enough and I never use cleaning sprays. Just use a small cloth or even a paper towel, get it wet, and then squeeze it out really well before wiping down your screen. I usually follow up by wiping down with a dry cloth also so I don't end up with water spots.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That seems to be the most common advice; I'll try it! Thank you, everybody!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I ordered new lenses for my glasses before Thanksgiving and they were ready to be picked up today. I also decided to get new frames because the wire frames tend to bend too easily so I wanted something more solid. I've been using a pair of glasses with an older prescription because the lenses are less scratched up than my newer glasses. It's amazing the difference it makes having the right glasses!

I haven't tried them for driving at night yet but they should do better than my older glasses.

I have to admit I'm kind of bad about not taking care of my glasses properly. I stopped carrying them in a case because the case took up too much room in my purse so most of the time they're loose in my purse or left out sitting around the house and end up getting knocked off the furniture and onto the floor. I also tend to clean them with kleenex's since they're handier to have around then cleaning clothes. After having to buy new lenses for glasses that got badly scratched, I'm going to try to take better care of these.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do they not offer the scratch-proof where you do business? I've had it before, and it is worth the cost. My sight is worth a million dollars, to me. A place that can make your glasses in an hour (or whatever it is) was also a godsend. I spent most of my school years with sight-difficulties, so I'm all in for convenience. Some stupid doctor had me in a near-sighted prescription when I was actually far-sighted. Thanks, Mother. When I took over my own eye care, things got markedly better for me. I went from glasses, to lenses, to surgery. I am extremely happy now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't remember if the glasses that got scratched had the scratch-resistant coating but probably not. I know it's available but I can't always afford to get it. Between the cost of frames, lenses and eye exams, I can barely afford the simplest, no-frills lenses and frames. This time I got the scratch-resistant lenses to give my glasses more durability.

On a different note, our office had one of its holiday parties today. When I went to the conference room to drop off my dessert this morning (cherry cheesecake), the two ladies setting things up recognized me. They said they saw me walking everyday at work and were impressed with how I was sticking to it and with how much weight I've lost, that it was an inspiration to them. That was really nice to hear!

I've got a few more job interviews and work samples lined up. I go in for one tomorrow and then have another one next Tuesday.

As for holiday parties, I have one this Saturday (where my female friends and I will exchange gifts), one the following weekend (for the Council of the Blind), and another one on the 18th (for work). I'm kind of stressed out about all the events to keep track of but I'm trying to just take them one at a time and not get overwhelmed.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I've been using Monster iClean for my iPad, MacBook Air, and cell phone -- but especially my iPad, as that's my portable classroom and office.
    Monster™ iClean™ Screen Cleaner

I also saw another product on a morning news program, but have no firsthand experience with it.
    WHOOSH! Screen Shine - Screen Cleaner
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread