+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6269Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Debb, I think JC Penney's has simple long sleeve shirts. Irritating about the Christmas tree....poor mom.

I went shopping through my closet this morning. Before 2/3 of the clothes were not fitting me because of weight gain. Now I would say that maybe only 1/3 does not fit me now. Feeling like the old me a little....Looking forward to dressing up for a couple of church dinners and holiday events.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    You can do it!

I didn't go shopping on Thanksgiving, and I had a leisurely day at home on Black Friday, but today I went out for Small Business Saturday. I hit the local craft shop, and several small businesses. Then I swung by WalMart and paid off someone's Lay-Away account. I asked for one with toys that someone was getting for Christmas (as opposed to someone getting themselves a big screen tv). The girl recognized me because she had been a student, but I asked her to please keep it confidential. The way she was looking at me with big eyes... I don't know if she'll honor that, but I was going for a random act of kindness. Now I'm home and probably won't go out again until work on Monday.
    Ellen, Kip, Lil Bit and 6 others like this.
    Count your blessings!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I didn't go shopping on Thanksgiving, and I had a leisurely day at home on Black Friday, but today I went out for Small Business Saturday. I hit the local craft shop, and several small businesses. Then I swung by WalMart and paid off someone's Lay-Away account. I asked for one with toys that someone was getting for Christmas (as opposed to someone getting themselves a big screen tv). The girl recognized me because she had been a student, but I asked her to please keep it confidential. The way she was looking at me with big eyes... I don't know if she'll honor that, but I was going for a random act of kindness. Now I'm home and probably won't go out again until work on Monday.
    What a wonderful thing to do!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do some people change telephone numbers frequently?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't know I have had the same number forever.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Gutmutter, that's great of you to do! You're so sweet.
    I went out for Small Business Saturday too. The next town over is full of small shops so we went there and I spent way too much. I had thought I was done Christmas shopping but apparently I wasn't.

I also went to my police station to get tags for senior citizens. We get a tag with their names and a gift that they want. I picked 2 and my son and daughter each picked one. We're going to get the gift on their list and fix up some baskets with some extras. Everybody thinks about kids this time of year, which is great, but the lonely seniors are sometimes forgotten.
    I'll never forget, before my moms death she was in an assisted living home briefly. I was walking down the hall to her room and so many of the residents were in the hall in wheelchairs and they all reached out to me. I've always been kind of a senior magnet, wherever I am they talk to me so I stopped and talked to them. I would always take them cookies or flowers something and it always made them so happy. I wanted to give back this year. Despite my current circumstances, I'm pretty darn lucky.

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was really good because for the first time in almost a year, I slept upstairs in my own bed. It takes me a while to get up here but I'm up! My bedroom has always been my oasis. I missed it.
    I picked up a mini fridge so once I come up, I can stay up. I'm so happy. I missed my big comfy bed.

Proshay, I have a friend that changes her number all the time. I have no idea why and it drives me crazy.
    ~You can't buy love. But you can rescue it~

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think its because they are getting trac phones or pay as you go phones. If you go so long without putting mins on your phone or paying extra, you lose your number. And I'm not sure if you can switch the number over if you buy a new phone.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

The hardest thing I did this year was to get rid of my landline. I have had that # for so many years. My cell # has been the same for over 10 years.
    There's no place like home!

NorwIndian - I love the senior citizen's "angel tree" idea. Who organizes that?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Very interesting about the trac phones/pay-as-you-go phones. I didn't know that. I, too, have had the same cell number since forever. Years ago, they let me pick my own number, and it's an easy one that goes hand-in-hand with my landline number; they kept rattling off phone numbers to me until I found one that fit! It only took about 4 attempts. That was a wonderful customer service representative having a very good day!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread