+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6152Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I am continuously shocked at how many people don't mind being seen as classless, pathetic individuals....this Black Friday lunacy. It is so sad that people want to act this way. Why do people insist on ruining something that should be fun? It's right up there with people turning violent after "their" team wins a major championship.....where's the celebration in that? Even as a much younger person, these behaviors would not have interested me. When did our country turn so stupid?

Seeing these commercials for the phones that are being sold for, virtually, nothing (a few cents) with a 2 year contract. People should be insulted by this "bonus deal". As my son puts it.....contract deals are the biggest sucker deals around. That contract is NO joke. These chumps are going to get much more than the retail price of that phone out of you, in the long run.....don't fall for the "okey-doke"! You should be insulted that they will flip things around on you and identify YOU as "The Chump".
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-29-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Teens have the big list of wants. I saw a picture of a mom with her teen on facebook at Walmart at 2am this morning when I was being restless. I know that mom loves her teen a lot to let her drag herself out in the cold like that. Or it might have been an experience to say that she had done that, like saying you did a marathon....more guts than I could muster. But if I had a daughter that wanted me to do that, I would find the strength.

Amazon was so good last year with their free shipping on orders of $25 or more, and now it is $35 this year. I think I might go over now to see if I can get something for one of the nice adult children (non-bio) on my list.
    You can do it!

There's nothing wrong with the Black Friday drama, until people choose to turn it ugly. It truly is all just a matter of choice. If you are about the ugly choice, you probably can't really afford to be out there, anyway. Save your money for something more important.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Gosh Debb. I guess I have worried about my teeth breaking or coming out. Hope it stays in and you have a good dentist.
    I'm really lucky. My sister-in-law works in a dentist office. She has gotten me in twice last minute near a holiday. I have veneer issues. It's a long story, but something I have to deal with. So far, so good with my temporary staying in. Knock on wood.

I'm getting a late start this morning. We were suppose to leave by 7:00 to go shopping, but decided not to rush. We're going shortly though. If it's a mad house, we're not staying. lol
    Lizard likes this.

Not all Black Friday sales are honest sales. A Washington DC TV station used a hidden camera to prove that some stores mark UP merchandise a week or 2 before Black Friday and then mark it down again for BF. So, the big sale is simply the regular price. JC Penny was caught doing that this year. Kohls did it last year. They were just the stores that got caught!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

When there is something that I really want to buy, I start pricing it a month or two before I buy....and I Watch It. I have gotten some of my best deals like that, plus the sales people become familiar with you and will help you "watch". My best deals have been with art and jewelry. It actually can become a part-time job!

Debb70, everything's fine unless you have to "go" in a sieve if you have to make sure that it's passed through,....

Or, God forbid, for reuse.
    Reminds me of when my kids were little and would come to work with me at the assisted living facility. My son told me years later that he was sitting with some of the residents when he lost a tooth. He turned to the lady sitting next to him and said, "My tooth fell out." She said, "Oh you lost a tooth?" Then she proceded to pull her dentures out and ask him, "Would you like to borrow mine?"
    Kip, Lizard and inthegarden like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    Debb70, everything's fine unless you have to "go" in a sieve if you have to make sure that it's passed through,....
    Yeah, I'm waiting. It's not very pleasant. I'm not sure it's worth waiting for it. If I get a new one instead, just the veneer costs app. $1,120.00! That's a real incentive to wait for it, but I'm not sure it's worth it. lol

Well, the posts upthread about the stores marking things up is correct! It's a good thing I checked all prices as she rang them up for my mom. MANY did not show the sales price. I had to insist they correct it.

The main item she went for was this ceramic lighted Christmas tree. We have been waiting on it to go on sale for weeks. Last weekend I went in and saw that there was only one left. I talked to the sales lady and she confirmed it was $80.00, which was the orginal price on the box and it was on sale for one-half off. I called my mom and she said let's wait for the big sale. So, today, we got there and it was still there and now 60% OFF! At the check out, it rang up an incorrect original price of $160.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost lost it, but calmly showed her the original price printed on the box, not a sticker, but on the box. She eventually corrected it so the item was the real sale price of $32.00, PLUS, 25% more off due to a coupon we had. She was so excited as this was a gift for my middle brother, but when we got home and opened the box, it was broken. All that for nothing. We have to return it.

My next issue is with finding a long sleeve shirt. OMG! Who knew that most all the tops are 3/4 length sleeves now. CRAZY. We only went to Belk. I'll have to go someone else to find more long sleeve options.

My mom did get some good deals though. Nice ladies' vests, a sweater, jacket, bras, and a few ornments. It was worth the trip, despite the broken item.

I saw a dress jacket I bought last Saturday for $80.00 and it was $49.00 today. That made me a little sick. lol

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

And now I plan to moniter myself, see my sig.
    Photobabe and Eastcoastmom like this.

+ Reply to Thread