+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6193Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I have pecan trees to get picked up under and Black Friday will just have to go on without me granted I wasn't going anyway.
    Ellen, waywyrd and Lizard like this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I have pecan trees to get picked up under and Black Friday will just have to go on without me granted I wasn't going anyway.
    Yum! Fresh pecans!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I tried to find Walmart's Black Friday special of a 32 inch tv for $98.00, online, but couldn't. I don't think it's worth me getting knocked down to get it though. I'm not sure when it actually goes on sale, but I won't venture out to get it on Thursday.
    Here's the cynical side of me coming out - how long do you think it will be before there is a lawsuit over all of this. Here's what I mean - these stores do this on purpose. They set these ridiculous prices or they only get, say 20, of an item. We see it on youtube and the news every year - the fights, etc. that break out in the stores over this stuff. As a lawyer, I'm now looking at this thinking, these stores know what is going to happen because it has happened in the past and yet they still do it. At some point, someone becoming hurt as a result of your actions becomes a foreseeable consequence and you should be held responsible. Maybe that's what it will take for stores like Walmart to stop doing this.

Thanksgiving is actually my favorite holiday of the year. Why? Because it is not about buying things for other people or anything else. It is about being with family and being thankful for what you have. Or at least that is what it supposed to be. To me, there can be no better holiday.
    Lizard, Debb70 and Eastcoastmom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Here's the cynical side of me coming out - how long do you think it will be before there is a lawsuit over all of this. Here's what I mean - these stores do this on purpose. They set these ridiculous prices or they only get, say 20, of an item. We see it on youtube and the news every year - the fights, etc. that break out in the stores over this stuff. As a lawyer, I'm now looking at this thinking, these stores know what is going to happen because it has happened in the past and yet they still do it. At some point, someone becoming hurt as a result of your actions becomes a foreseeable consequence and you should be held responsible. Maybe that's what it will take for stores like Walmart to stop doing this.
    I actually think Best Buy is more guilty of this practice. I know Walmart had a TV deal like that last year and they were extremely well stocked for it. It was one of a few items that they guaranteed you could get if you were in the store by a certain time. The down side? The line for that item wound back and forth through nearly every aisle on the grocery side of the store. It would have taken HOURS to get that TV. And at the end of the day it was a cheapo brand that probably wouldn't last long anyways. I'd rather spend a little more and get a decent TV without the wait!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wonder if all of these different television brands are like batteries. The consumer interest people say to buy the least expensive alkaline batteries because they are all the same. I've not heard a lot of complaints about televisions falling apart or failing.....but I haven't really asked, either.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I checked into the brand that Walmart is selling for $98.00. It's an off and new brand that probably isn't going to last that long. I think they sold the same brand last year for $149.00 and it had its fair share of complaints, but most brands do. Even if you look at the major brands, there are always complaints. Granted, I normally get a name brand that is somewhere in the middle price wise and have had excellent luck.

I even have an old cheapo tv that I've been hoping would conch out, but it keeps on playing. I keep it in the den. I bought it around 10 years ago and it's an off brand (Advent) and it still works great! Go figure. I bought my cousin a 32 inch once for Christmas and it was a Dynax (Best Buy) and it went completely out (black) after two years. The Sony is the best one though. I bought that wanting quality and I haven't been disappointed......knock on wood. lol

I figure that with the $98.00 one, if I get 2 years of service, it'll be worth it. lol Still, I can't take the crowds. I don't mind the long lines so much, but not the pushing, shoving and arguing. That is something I can't deal with. So, unless they just happend to have thousands of those $98. tvs then I guess I'll miss out.

My favorite brand of tv is Sanyo.We have had great luck with them. I have one of those clunker ones that won't die but at my house Ihave to be able to justify buying a new one to get one. This one still works good and when it goes out then I will get a new one.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    My favorite brand of tv is Sanyo.We have had great luck with them. I have one of those clunker ones that won't die but at my house Ihave to be able to justify buying a new one to get one. This one still works good and when it goes out then I will get a new one.
    I kept our clunker, it took up so much room. ( I finally gave it away)

I love our Samsung, it has a great picture, especially with the PVR
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I had a veneer come off last night. I swallowed it. Don't ask. Thank goodness I was able to get the dentist on an emergency visit to put on a temporary today.....I PRAY it's going to stay on. Do you know how much a new one is going to cost? OMG.
    I'm going to just be thankful for what I do have!

I refuse to shop on BF. The crowds, the rudeness, the crap they try to sell you at a "bargain". I'll just do what I do every year....wait for cyber Monday and shop till I drop....in my pajamas.
    waywyrd, Photobabe and Fanny Mare like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread