+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5837Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I go black Friday shopping for the same reasons you do Closetrtwatcher. I am the worst shopper ever. Plus I'm not willing to fight for the big money items. When others are saving hundreds on electronics I usually save 50 cents on wrapping paper.

The only way retailors will stop opening on Thanksgiving is if people stop shopping on Thanksgiving.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

As a pet sitter, I work all holidays. We charge premium for holidays (including Black Friday) so it doesn't bother me at all. This year we are eating our turkey dinner at noon because late afternoon and evening both my daughter and I have clients to visit. I have a Black Friday tradition. I NEVER go near a store or shopping mall that day so working is great for me!
    Ellen and KatesMom like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I'm not happy about the Black Friday changes at all. I loved the old days when you had to get up & be at the store at 6:00AM to get the best bargains. It was fun & kind of exciting. But now they've been gradually moving it up a few hours here and there every year for the last few years, but even then, not in every store.
    I've been checking online with all my usual stomping grounds, & it seems like every single one of them is starting not just on Thanksgiving, but at 6:00PM or earlier. That's during Thanksgiving Dinner & visiting time! Some are open all day Thanksgiving.

Sure it would be easy to just say "Anyone who does this I just won't patronize at all", but that's easier said than done. Unfortunately there are some gifts & sales that are really good.

I won't be at any of them until I'm on my way home from the real point of Thanksgiving: Dinner, family, visiting, relaxing. I won't cut anything short either.
    I just happen to drive right by the Mall & K-Mart on my way home, so I'll stop by then if I still feel like it, but I'll feel resentful the whole time. The Black Friday fun will be gone.
    Even though I also drive by WalMart, I won't go anywhere near that store. Been there, done that, won't do it again.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

They are camping all week at one store here. All for a DVD for $39.99 I wonder if they are employed
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not sure where to put this video, but it was such a blessing to me, I wanted to share. It's the sweetest thing I think I've ever seen! It's twins who are so at peace that it appears they may think they are still in the womb.

VIDEO: Your Friday “Aw” – Twin Babies That Don’t Realise They’re Born Yet | Her.ie - The website for Irish women
    Lizard likes this.

I love it! Reminds me of a story a few years back about one twin that was failing and wasn't expected to make it. A loving nurse put the other twin in the crib with him. The healthy twin put his arm on the sick one. Immediately the failing twin started to thrive. It was a beautiful story.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Just seems like common sense, doesn't it?
    I'm no longer able to log on here at work because it claims the FORT creates spam or something. Anyone else having this kind of problem? I'll have to see if I can get here from my iPad.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Just seems like common sense, doesn't it?
    I'm no longer able to log on here at work because it claims the FORT creates spam or something. Anyone else having this kind of problem? I'll have to see if I can get here from my iPad.
    I haven't seen that. How long since you noticed it?

My mom and I decided to go shopping on Friday morning around 7:00 a.m. We have never done it before, because of the crowds, lines, fights, etc. and my mom has some mobility issues. Anyway, since the stores are starting their Black Friday sales at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, we figure most of the people will be gone by Friday morning. lol We'll see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Well, some of them might need the extra money and be willing to work on the holiday and celebrate Thanksgiving on another day. If I had the option to work on holidays and get paid for it, I would! I don't have a family of my own and lord knows I could use the money to pay bills.
    Oh, absolutely, I can see some people wanting to work holidays. I get triple time on holidays and have worked a few myself, gladly. I just meant that I felt for the people who wanted the day off to be with family and had no choice in the matter.

And add me to the list of no Black Friday shopping. It's just not fun anymore. I'd rather shop online, with a few exceptions.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I tried to find Walmart's Black Friday special of a 32 inch tv for $98.00, online, but couldn't. I don't think it's worth me getting knocked down to get it though. I'm not sure when it actually goes on sale, but I won't venture out to get it on Thursday.

+ Reply to Thread