+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6435Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My neighbor would have told me by now. I am not rural, and we all speak; we all have each other's phone number. I live in a subdivision. One of my neighbors would have knocked on the door.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    My neighbor would have told me by now. I am not rural, and we all speak; we all have each other's phone number. I live in a subdivision. One of my neighbors would have knocked on the door.
    Us rural people speak too!

Maybe it's time to be a little stealthy, like a ninja. (I've been hanging around with my grandson way too much).
    Next time you're expecting mail, keep the livingroom lights off & wait & peek through the curtains & see who it is.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Hi all -

I'm on vacation and we spent the day in South Beach. I got to do something really cool. We went to the tattoo shop where Miami Ink was filmed. I got to talk to Yoji and saw Darren Brass. Got their autographs on a post card. I think I'm going to give it to my tattoo artist. :-)
    Really looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return! Overdose on fun and happy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yesterday I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. I am highly sensitive to the wax they use for eyebrow waxing, even the hypoallergenic one that costs a buck more. It leaves huge, red bumps all over my forehead that last sometimes for up to a week or more. The threading took a bit longer and costs a few dollars more, but no red, unsightly bumps. I'm a convert.
    Debb70 likes this.

I've always wanted to try threading.

Years ago my sister in law was an electrologist and she did my eyebrows and I never have to pluck anymore.
    Kip likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yesterday I had my eyebrows threaded for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. I am highly sensitive to the wax they use for eyebrow waxing, even the hypoallergenic one that costs a buck more. It leaves huge, red bumps all over my forehead that last sometimes for up to a week or more. The threading took a bit longer and costs a few dollars more, but no red, unsightly bumps. I'm a convert.
    I had my done, I love threading. But by if you get someone who isn't good, I guess it can really hurt. I am so fair I have to have my tinted first
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So today I decided to use the Sims to create a parade of John Lockes.

And then I thought it was a good idea to experiment and see how they get along.

Unfortunately, some of them didn't seem to like eachother.
    Kip and Eastcoastmom like this.

I had an interesting thing happen today - humbling.
    I got a HUGE box of Christmasy stuff at the "dump" (recycling) and brought it in to my classroom. I sorted what could be used for crafts, what could be given to the "Santa's workshop" store, what I wanted for myself, and threw away the rest. The first class of 5th graders saw the pathetic decorations in the trash and started dumpster diving like crazy!!!! I had to hand out bags and put the lesson on hold. We're talking really skanky old stuff that smelled like mold, but it was more than most had at home.
    Count your blessings on Thursday.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread