+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6261Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

I do most of my shopping on line, but I like to go to craft fairs and local places like the hospital gift shop. I'm usually way ahead of Black Friday, though. If only I could stop when I have my main gifts. My kids don't need a lot of extra stuff, but it seems like something comes over me as the season wears on and I over-buy for stocking stuffers and little presents. For my extended family - they exchange gifts at Thanksgiving. I just mailed the last box this morning to get there on time. I made jewelry for all of the female family members.
    Count your blessings!

I refuse to go out shopping on Black Friday. And I am completely amazed at the stores this year opening on Thanksgiving. They only do it because the demand is there. In my mind, what you (generic you) as the shopper are saying is "my need to get x for super cheap is more important than your need to spend the holiday with your family". Just seems so selfish to me, since most of those workers can't say no because they live paycheck to paycheck. There is nothing in this world that I need THAT much!
    Ellen, waywyrd, Lil Bit and 2 others like this.

I don't know anyone that is going out black Friday, and yet i'ts always buy. I shop online
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I guess I just wanted other people's experiences. I think I'm scared.

Years ago when I was hypnotized, I was in a group seminar. I was about 19 years old. I didn't even realize what was going on. I was there with co-workers and went along with the deep relaxation instructions. At a certain point, the guy told us to get out of our seats and walk to the front of the seminar room. There were at least 200 people in there! I would NEVER do that, but I couldn't help myself. My friends grabbed my shirt and told me to sit down, but I ignored them and marched right up to the podium with about 6 other people who were also hypnotized.

The speaker then told the audience that we were hypnotized, because we had strong imagnitive visualizations. He said he could direct us to recall things in our subconscious. When he said that, I got very panicky. I don't know why, because I'm not aware of anything scary that is buried in my subconscious, but it frightened me. If it's there, I don't want to know. lol
    The guy then quickly said, he wouldn't do that though. So, I calmed down.

Then he went to each of us and for me he asked my last name. He then directed me to forget my last name. I did. I truly could not remember my last name. He then told me to recall it again. It was very bizarre. I felt very odd about it ever since.

I guess that's why I'm apprehensive. There is potential for it to go well, but my bad experience in the past still lingers.
    If someone could just make whatever caused us to be anxious, that would be super cool. Or if we could teach ourselves to forget.

I second what Shay says about inner voice. I was shuddering when I bought a second house with my then boyfriend, ex-husband....Three years later, I am paying for it. But that sort of thing worked out ok for my maid of honor who bought a house with her boyfriend and married him 4 years later...and now has been married for 14 years. The difference was that her man was stable.

I hope you find your paperwork Deb. We are human. When you put less stress on yourself you might find it.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When something like Debb's problem occurs, I've always found that what I am missing turns out to be in the simplest place.....or it turns out that somebody else has it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This may sound silly, but it's worked for me more than once... I imagine I have the item in my hand and I need to put it away. I try not to over-think it and just let my mind/body head toward where I'd put it and if I'm lucky, I do whatever I did the first time when I really did have it.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I may have already told you all about this, but I'm needing to mention it again. The last 3-4 times I have received a delivery through USPS it has been made at about 7 pm. It has been dark for no less than 1 hour when it arrives; I spoke to a mailman that doesn't work my route about it, and he just knew that it was UPS making the delivery, and not USPS. The only thing that doesn't speak to UPS NOT having made the delivery is that I always, like this evening, get regular mail (for the second time, the same day) with the package delivery. They never knock or ring the doorbell when they drop off the package; I look at the tracking info and see that it has been delivered. Tonight, I intentionally, checked my front porch between 6 and 6:30...nothing there. It's there now, along with other mail. I never see my regular mail delivery person, neither early nor late. It's just strange to the mailman, and to me. And everybody knows that UPS does not deliver on Saturdays.

Does anyone else have strange occurrences like this?

I don't necessarily feel the need to complain since I am getting my package deliveries in a timely fashion, datewise. It just seems bizarre.

On the tracking history, it's always time-stamped much earlier than it actually arrives. It usually is time-stamped between 5 and 6 pm.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-23-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Hi all -

I'm on vacation and we spent the day in South Beach. I got to do something really cool. We went to the tattoo shop where Miami Ink was filmed. I got to talk to Yoji and saw Darren Brass. Got their autographs on a post card. I think I'm going to give it to my tattoo artist. :-)
    waywyrd and inthegarden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Hi all -

I'm on vacation and we spent the day in South Beach. I got to do something really cool. We went to the tattoo shop where Miami Ink was filmed. I got to talk to Yoji and saw Darren Brass. Got their autographs on a post card. I think I'm going to give it to my tattoo artist. :-)
    How cool! what a lovely way to spend Thanksgiving
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hi to you AZChristian. Cool! Glad you are having a fun trip.

prhoshay It does sound strange. I would ask the USPS office. Could they be delivering your mail or packages to the wrong address and your neighbor is bringing it over?
    I live on a rural route and our road is split between two different carriers so I've gotten mail twice in one day and sometimes not at all on Saturday's.
    Also, I found out that our mail carrier is not allowed to come on the property to deliver mail or packages, they have to leave it at our box at the road or leave a notice and we have to go to the PO and pick it up. They are allowed to bring registered mail.
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread