+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7289Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

An older friend of mine who is very down to earth, doesn't believe in ghosts or anything that isn't real, told me about a hypnotist friend he had. They both worked at a radio station yrs ago in Birmingham AL. He said the hypnotist would come in and do a show on the radio. One time he hypnotized the receptionist and told her that there had been a large snowstorm the night before and the window had been left open and there were huge drifts of snow in the room. Then he asked her to close the window. When she got up she walked as if she was walking in huge snowdrifts. He helped a lot of them to quit smoking but it took a lot more then just one session to get it done.

He also used to do shows. He would ask a female audience member to come on stage. After hypnotizing her he would have her do things to show the audience that she was following his directions. Then he would tell her to strip. The audience would be like, "OMG she's going to strip." But the woman wouldn't strip. And that's how he'd show the audience that a hypnotist can't make you do anything you don't want to do. It backfired on him one night when the woman actually started to strip. After telling her to stop he found out that she was actually a stripper! LOL!

So all that to say, yes I think you should go see a hypnotist. Good luck finding your item!
    pikachu likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'll be interested to see what others say. The way I have always heard it is that a spirit is like a piece of your soul that stayed, whereas a ghost is kind of like a footprint that stayed behind, so not a part of you but more like a shadow of you. Might be splitting hairs but that's the way it was explained to me.

I would endorse pursuing hypnosis. You DO know where the item is. You handled it, you put it somewhere, and you have that memory. I had an aunt who used hypnosis in dentistry. When we were kids she was going to use it for my sister and hypnotized all of us cousins at the same time to make her feel more comfortable with it. I turned out to be the most susceptible. She worked with me to learn how to use it. You don't "give your mind over" - you are conscious the whole time.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

So, why did she use you to learn how to do it. I'm sure she had her reasons. I doubt it was about being unconscious, at all, and I never implied that it was.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My friend told me that his hypnotist friend told him that he couldn't hypnotize anyone who was mentally challenged. The person being hypnotized has to be able to focus completely for it to work. That might explain why Debb was able to be hypnotized in the group but not everyone was. The others were probably not focusing completely on the hypnotist because of all the other distractions I'm sure were going on around them. Could explain why Gutmutter was more susceptible to it then her cousins and sister. And I agree with Gutmutter and others who said as long as its in your memory you should have good results recalling it.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?
    No difference, really: two synonyms with different linguistic origins. The word "ghost" is derived from the German word "Geist" and the word "spirit" is derived from the French word "esprit."
    inthegarden likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Anyone planning on going black Friday shopping? I hate shopping. Actually hate is to tame of a word for how I feel about shopping. I always joke that I'm a buyer not a shopper. I go in get what I need and get the heck out. But I love black Friday. For one I usually go to smaller stores and avoid the malls and walmart. I have found the other shoppers for the most part are in a good mood, probably from having full bellies. But there are always those few that want to cause a fuss and that's what I enjoy. A good BF story.

This year my husband is a manager of a small retail business. My kids and I have been teasing him about his first BF and how we can't wait to be there to watch him get screamed at and cussed out. We've told him not to worry, if anyone gets to out of line we'll take them out to the parking lot. Since all of us are broke we're not going to be doing much shopping. We're going to be BF observers not shoppers. I am so looking forward to it.

I 'm not going I hate crowds. I have most of my stuff bought. Just another day for people to show their ugly side. I saw somewhere yesterday people already have tents set up waiting in line. I'll pay the regular price for the item no savings is worth that.
    inthegarden likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I am the person who prefers to shop online with free shipping. I love getting my deliveries!
    inthegarden likes this.

+ Reply to Thread