+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6975Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Yes. They suggested for me to take one before the numbing wears off. And I already have.

I can't feel myself biting down on my tongue. For the first couple days I can only eat soft foods. But if I have trouble swallowing right now then taht will be very hard.
    Good to hear it went OK. Be careful with the tongue biting. When the numbing wears off you could have a swollen bloody mess. Been there, done that, NOT fun.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The surgery is done.

It only took about 20 minutes. Right now my jaw and bottom lip are still numb and I can hardly talk. The bottom lip feels swollen but it's not. It's hard to swallow, even.
    Glad it's over and you're home recovering.

As for the numbness, I'll pass along what the receptionist at my dentist's office said, "If you think you're drooling all over yourself, it's because you are." ;-)
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I've wiped blood out of my mouth and off my lips and I was able to drink some soup right now. I should be doing okay.

but while that's going fine, last night I had a terrible night. I was repeating negative history from the past. I get too needy and desperate and nothing's going to change that. And today I'm not feeling any better about it. I probably seem selfish to them but that's because I really, really don't want to be ignored.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So the numbing has worn off. which means some of the pain is now more intense. But I am fine. I successfully ate my soup and a mousse. Just melt and swallow. That's how I do it.

But it looks like I'll still have to leave my other problems to PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is it just me....and I totally understand that it may be.....or do other people cringe when they hear people wish people who are getting married, or just engaged "Congratulations!"? I think it's like many people really know/recognize the situations that people are getting themselves into. I can never bring myself to say congratulations; at most, I will say "Best wishes,", and even that will come with a little eye roll and a thought of "Yikes!" I try to stay out of it, all together, actually.

It's like "They just don't know." The likelihood is weighted more so in one direction, than the other.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is it just me....and I totally understand that it may be.....or do other people cringe when they hear people wish people who are getting married, or just engaged "Congratulations!"? I think it's like many people really know/recognize the situations that people are getting themselves into. I can never bring myself to say congratulations; at most, I will say "Best wishes,", and even that will come with a little eye roll and a thought of "Yikes!" I try to stay out of it, all together, actually.

It's like "They just don't know." The likelihood is weighted more so in one direction, than the other.
    People probably thought that about me when I got married. Whenever I hear someone is getting married, I think about the joy that planning will bring to their heart. But I guess we have to just come to each bridge in our journey. I am sitting in my pre-marriage house right now; and I cannot ever remember feeling this good. The feeling bad makes us appreciate the absence of bad.

If you have been hitting your hand with a hammer, nothing feels as good as stopping it.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Seeing how ugly mine ended, not to mention during it, you'd think I'd feel the same way, but I don't.
    When someone is getting married, or when I go to a wedding, I have hope & happiness for the couple. I still completely believe in marriage & in happy solid marriages. I grew up in one, so I know from personal experience.

I'm glad to wish both people congratulations & be very happy for them. You have to hope & look toward the good in how it can be instead of dreading & fearing the worse.
    If I did otherwise, I'd feel I was putting a pox on their marriage.
    waywyrd and Lil Bit like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think "hope" and "wish" are the operative words, here.

I do understand your point, though.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-15-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't understand what's wrong with saying Congratulations to someone who's gotten married/engaged.

I don't, however, think Congratulations are in order for someone announcing their divorce has gone through. Although they might be relieved to have escaped from a situation that was no longer happy for them and ready to move on, somehow that seems like the wrong choice of words. I think in that case I would say Best Wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't understand what's wrong with saying Congratulations to someone who's gotten married/engaged.

I don't, however, think Congratulations are in order for someone announcing their divorce has gone through. Although they might be relieved to have escaped from a situation that was no longer happy for them and ready to move on, somehow that seems like the wrong choice of words. I think in that case I would say Best Wishes.
    When mine was final, a friend sent me a HUGE baloon bouquet with Congratulations & Happy Faces all over the place. She sent it to my work office. I was feeling drained & down with the failure of my marriage finally hitting home, & this made me laugh & smile & made my day. It made everyone else's day in the office too. They had all been feeling uncomfortable about what to say to me & this livened things up. I'll never forget that or her knowing exactly the right thing to do.
    By the way, this woman has a long, happy marriage, so it wasn't coming from someone bitter.
    prhoshay and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread