+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5868Likes

Thread: FORT Koffee Klatch

Re: FORT Koffee Klatch

My dentist and his staff are great I cry before I sit in the damn chair! . It stems from when I was younger, and all we had was the gas mask. I also had to take my brother and sisters in as my mother wouldn't. I was brave for them, but inside I was a mess. I feel queasy even posting this, ugh! LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

When I was in my 30s, I had bad teeth - cavities, crooked, etc. And not much money.

So I went to the University of Maryland dental school and had the work done by students. They had a vested interest in doing a good job, and every procedure was reviewed and approved by an instructor/dentist. I had root canals, braces, extractions, bridges, etc. Since most of the people who went there as patients weren't particularly dependable about showing up for appointments, my students loved me because I did! I had one student for the first two years, and he "auctioned me off" to another student when he graduated. They even took a picture of me during a procedure to be included in the yearbook. Of course, with a mouth dam on, I was unrecognizable, but I was there!

I'm now in my 60s. The two permanent bridges they put in are still going strong, and my teeth look so much better. I even met a retired dentist on my last cruise who we chatted with during a shore excursion. He said, "I don't know who did your dental work, but it's great."
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thinking of you, JohnnyK, and hoping all goes well with your dental surgery today.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was in a store yesterday, and a handsome guy that I don't know grabbed me and we executed a couple of ballroom dance steps right in the middle of the store!!!

And then he was gone!

WHAT FUN!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good for you to go along and not freak out. Those are the moments that make life fun.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just saw an article on MSN that the scrunchie is coming back. Strange, I didn't realize it had gone away.

I hope banana boat clips come back with them. I still wear mine but a lot of them are broken and it's hard to find new ones. My stepmother gave me a bunch she was using and I don't know where they disappeared to. They must be under the furniture with all my cats' fuzzy mice, or wherever missing household objects go. I tend to lose the cover to battery compartments on things, too. I take them off to replace the batteries and the cover magically vanishes!
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Are banana boat clips longish with a spring on one end? I can still find those places like Walmart or CVS.
    Count your blessings!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The surgery is done.

It only took about 20 minutes. Right now my jaw and bottom lip are still numb and I can hardly talk. The bottom lip feels swollen but it's not. It's hard to swallow, even.
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 11-14-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Well that didn't take long JohnnyK. Did they give you Tylenol in case it's sore when the numbing wears off?
    JohnnyK likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Yes. They suggested for me to take one before the numbing wears off. And I already have.

I can't feel myself biting down on my tongue. For the first couple days I can only eat soft foods. But if I have trouble swallowing right now then taht will be very hard.

+ Reply to Thread